Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    NOT TODAY!
    But yes, the Palm website clearly states that the Pixi breed is capable, and will run on WebOS 2.0.
    This thread is to clarify any other people who were anxious about their Pixi's and if it would or would not be getting WebOS 2.0.
    It only makes sense that it would be capable of upgrading to 2.0, but I was worried that maybe they won't continue working with the Pixi, and it was a lost cause.

Now that it is confirmed that the Pixi is getting WebOS 2.0, can we say that there may be a HP/Palm Pixi 2, similar to the Pre 2, to be one of the next "4-5 WebOS devices" to be seen in 2011?

Discuss.

P.S. I'd provide a link to the Palm website but I don't have more than 10 posts, I'm more of a lurker/ reader than a poster on these forums :]
    pretty sure it was already clear to all that pixi was getting 2.0. The pixi owners are upset that they will not be able to run flash.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zadias View Post
    NOT TODAY!
    But yes, the Palm website clearly states that the Pixi breed is capable, and will run on WebOS 2.0.
    This thread is to clarify any other people who were anxious about their Pixi's and if it would or would not be getting WebOS 2.0.
    It only makes sense that it would be capable of upgrading to 2.0, but I was worried that maybe they won't continue working with the Pixi, and it was a lost cause.

Now that it is confirmed that the Pixi is getting WebOS 2.0, can we say that there may be a HP/Palm Pixi 2, similar to the Pre 2, to be one of the next "4-5 WebOS devices" to be seen in 2011?

Discuss.

P.S. I'd provide a link to the Palm website but I don't have more than 10 posts, I'm more of a lurker/ reader than a poster on these forums :]
    Oh my god man!!! I almost had a freaking heart attack!!!! I thought it already came out... lol Yeah it's been out there that ALL previous Palm devices WILL get 2.0
    This is not news.
    not news, but great to see something official.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    not news, but great to see something official.
    sure, but it's been official since 2.0 was announced.
    Thanks for the info: You'd be surprise to know that there are a lot of pre/pixi users that dont know.

[i]-- Sent from my palm pre
    I am not sure there will be a direct successor to the Pixi. Maybe a spiritual successor because Palm basically said they wouldn't make a phone with a screen so small again. But who knows.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Thanks for the info: You'd be surprise to know that there are a lot of pre/pixi users that dont know.
    Yep! I did not know till right now! Great to see something official.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Yes, the Pixi will get 2.0, but it won't get the Flash part of it.
    I'm actually happy that the Pixi won't get Flash in the update. Flash would kill it's battery life and I think mobiles can live without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by steev182 View Post
    I'm actually happy that the Pixi won't get Flash in the update. Flash would kill it's battery life and I think mobiles can live without it.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by steev182 View Post
    It would only hit your battery if you activated it. Flash is only active if you actually click on the Flash image on a page to start it up. But yes, not running it will definitely save your battery!
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    pretty sure it was already clear to all that pixi was getting 2.0. The pixi owners are upset that they will not be able to run flash.
    I was kind of upset about it, but then again, my upgrade is next december, and I'll be ok until then. I'm not much of a power user..yet. so I'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by zadias View Post
    NOT TODAY!

Discuss.

yeah its webos 2.0 ...but no flash! no bothered about battery life as it would be nice to have full functionality of the update ... but i can imagine many features would be missed on the pixi
    and this is news why? Please forgive my drunkenness