1.    #1  
    For the home charger kit...

This is a recent occurrence, within the last week: When I have my Pixi on my Touchstone, it wont charge until I flip the ringer switch.

Wait, it gets more weird.

When charging on the Touchstone, and I press the volume keys, the Pixi stops charging! And if I flip the ringer switch it will also stop charging.

NOTE: I have an Artist Series back cover for the Pixi.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Looks like it's time to start a chat with palm and get a new one.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    For the home charger kit...

This is a recent occurrence, within the last week: When I have my Pixi on my Touchstone, it wont charge until I flip the ringer switch.

Wait, it gets more weird.

When charging on the Touchstone, and I press the volume keys, the Pixi stops charging! And if I flip the ringer switch it will also stop charging.

NOTE: I have an Artist Series back cover for the Pixi.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Why not use a regular touchstone charger to see if the problem persist. You could also run the diagnostic tests in device menu.(quick test.../interactive tests..)to see if the phone is defective or not. Note: You can always return your phone for repair or a replacent at your local phone store.

Good luck,
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    Looks like it's time to start a chat with palm and get a new one.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Yes...I got my Sprint Palm Pix at Best Buy Nov 21, 2009. I'm staring at the receipt right now! I better make it quick! Technically, it's still under that one-year warranty. Or Should i contact HP/Palm directly, either by phone or Internet? Any other alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Why not use a regular touchstone charger to see if the problem persist. You could also run the diagnostic tests in device menu.(quick test.../interactive tests..)to see if the phone is defective or not. Note: You can always return your phone for repair or a replacent at your local phone store.

Good luck,
    I think this happened also with the car version of the Touchstone kit. Will try again today.

The thing is, I really want a Pixi with WiFi to hold things over after CES 2011 when the new HPalms are announced. I know Sprint doesn't carry the Pixi Plus, but if I can get a (unlocked?) Verizon Pixi plus and activate it on Sprint...
  5.    #5  
    I think this happened also with the car version of the Touchstone kit. Will try again today.
    Bingo. (sigh.) Just tested with the car charger on Touchstone. Same response.

Now that we're on the subject, my Pixi has also begun to wig out on me. I think the touchscreen gets over zealous at times--hypersensitive? And even having a few apps open makes the Pixi lag. While the latter doesn't happen all the time, it's enough to make it a nuisance.
    Yes...I got my Sprint Palm Pix at Best Buy Nov 21, 2009. I'm staring at the receipt right now! I better make it quick! Technically, it's still under that one-year warranty. Or Should i contact HP/Palm directly, either by phone or Internet? Any other alternatives?
    I was referring to the touchstone back. You can chat with Palm and describe your problem and they will get you out a new one. Probably the best place to start but you might have other issues as well.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  7.    #7  
    If both Touchstones have the same problem, it's not the Touchstone...it's the Pixi!
  8.    #8  
    Interesting test...I went to a Sprint store and tried to charge my Pixi on the Touchstone. It charged!

Hmmm, can two Touchstones go bad at the same time? The ringer switch thing I still can't fathom!

If both Touchstones have the same problem, it's not the Touchstone...it's the Pixi!
    I'll try again tomorrow. Meanwhile, having a WiFi Sprint Pixi would be really nice, highly unlikely.
    see here for wifi sprint pixi howto. voids any and all guarantees you may have though.