1.    #1  
    hello ...

i was just wondering if there is an option on the pixi to turn the internet off to reduce roaming charges and save battery ... i understand wifi can be turnt off but am i able to stop my phone connecting to the internet via 3g or gprs ...
    Should be an option in the phone preferences to turn data off
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Should be an option in the phone preferences to turn data off
    yeah ive had a look but i dont see anything?
    If it is the same as the pre, go to the phone app. In the drop down menu select preferences. And under the "network" section you should have the option to turn data usage on or off. It is the last option in the section.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raisind View Post
    yeah ive had a look but i dont see anything?
    go to phone app -> menu -> preferences -> data usage -> off
    (may vary the text, I have the phone in Spanish, so I guess that must be more or less that way)
    Show must go on...
  6.    #6  
    ooo thanks for that peeps ... im used to nokias and phones that just have a general setting tabb ... its taking some getting used to but its gettin there .. thanks again =)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    If it is the same as the pre, go to the phone app. In the drop down menu select preferences. And under the "network" section you should have the option to turn data usage on or off. It is the last option in the section.

hmm just out of interest is there an option to auto select data and wifi when your using an app .. so that the wifi or data chares turn off when not in use automatically?
    Not that I am aware of. But I'm not familiar with all the patches there are.

you can set the wifi to turn off when phone is asleep and on when the phone wakes up . And by default the phone will connect to known wifi networks before it will use data .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Download the "Data in device menu" patch. You can toggle your data connection on or off at any time without having to go into the phone menu.
    hello ...

i was just wondering if there is an option on the pixi to turn the internet off to reduce roaming charges and save battery ... i understand wifi can be turnt off but am i able to stop my phone connecting to the internet via 3g or gprs ...
    so have you fixed or figured out your issue ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Theres a patch for it
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    hmm just out of interest is there an option to auto select data and wifi when your using an app .. so that the wifi or data chares turn off when not in use automatically?
    The only way I know to do it automatically is to use the hombrew application, Mode Switcher. It's pretty sophisticated but someone posted thorough instructions to do what you want to do.

Official Mode Switcher thread If you venture here I recommend reading the manual and wiki also, as there are PLENTY of other awesome things you can do with this app.

"Data on Demand" Mode Switcher setup
    hello ...

How about 'airplane mode'.
    HP, Palm, I hope your writing all this down
    Quote Originally Posted by mailer View Post
    How about 'airplane mode'.
    That works, but also disables voice calls.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so have you fixed or figured out your issue ?
    yess thank you very muchh =)
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Disabling internet will greatly increase battery life. I was lucky to get 12 hours of use if I didn't use it. Now with data off I can get 100 hours or more with no use

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta