1.    #1  
    After much debate (Pixi or Pre) I got my daughter the Pixi. Nice phone. I like the rough back and the flat front. I hope the Pre 2 is similiar. The keyboard is much nicer. She loves the phone so far.
    She asked, When can I get the Penguin App?
    Little disappointed it don't come with ear buds. What's up with that? Cheap.
    Thanks for all the advice, I think I made a good decision.
    overclock that baby to 900mhz and add the Messaging Plugins, I am sure your daughter wants Facebook/Msn/Yahoo/MySpace chat.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

*EDIT* I cant link for some reason, so just search for "Messaging Plugins"

Your daughter will like it even more when WebOS 2.0 comes out for it.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    my teenage daughter beats the life out of phones and the pixi I bought her last xmas lasted nearly a year with out incident. Just replaced it because touchscreen stopped working. I think she may have caused it,not sure,no way of knowing but it happened 2 weeks after getting long nails(finger). I heard her tapping the screen hard with them all the time. Who knows.
    Congrats on the Pixi purchase! She will love this phone!

I actually bought the Palm OEM earbuds online for $5 but then didn't use them. (I use a separate device for music, and bluetooth for calls in car)

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2