Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love my Pre +, and all, but I think I would rather have a Pixi with 16-32 gb, same size screen as Pre, but everything else the same. I just dont like dealing with the weird hardware defects of the Pre.
    If I could get a Pixi with all the same specs of the Pre 2 and on Sprint, I would certainly go for one!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    yes! Wouldn't think twice!
  4.    #4  
    Ya I mean, I really do love Web OS (more than any other OS), but I have a bit of oreoing and some other weird problems. The Pixi seems like a solid device that hasnt reached its full potential!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    yeah, I have a sprint pre and my better half has the pixi...only physical thing I like more about my pre is the screen.
    yes
    Definitely, hopefully it would be more than a pixi 2, Something more advanced with maybe a front facing camera
    Nope.
    The Saint
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I'd get 2 if the hardware specs were close to the Pre 2.

I'm all for less moving part.
  10.    #10  
    This shouldnt have been moved to Pixi, the idea was to question Pre users if they would switch. Sorry if there wasnt much clarification.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    -1 on moving to a 'Pixi'

+1 on wanting an advanced Pixi! I like the candybar format better than sliders...however, i would want bigger screen for sure! I would really like a full touch device but ONLY IF they include a Swype-type of onscreen keyboard!!
    yup
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I love my Pre +, and all, but I think I would rather have a Pixi with 16-32 gb, same size screen as Pre, but everything else the same. I just dont like dealing with the weird hardware defects of the Pre.
    I'm on the same boat.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    YUP! in a heartbeat. but for the love of god, call it something else!!!
    Pixill or Pixell (looks like Pixi2) or even Pix2 or anything else!
    i made the jump from pre to pixi a while back and am not looking back. the form factor cannot be beat. now running the frankenpixi and loving it.

i have been due for an upgrade from sprint since august now, and am holding out for something new pixi-like (hopefully with webOS) with a little more 'oomff'. So yes, i would totally buy a specced up pixi right away.
    I would buy it right away!
    I see this was posted to the Pre section and then moved to the Pixi section... of course us Pixi people will say YES.
    The new announced Pre 2 is flatter (more like the Pixi, less "river stone" shaped) which I think is supposed to atract people who didn't like the previous Pre's "roundness"

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    The new announced Pre 2 is flatter (more like the Pixi, less "river stone" shaped) which I think is supposed to atract people who didn't like the previous Pre's "roundness"
    I think the "flatness" has more to do with structural and material changes rather then aesthetic changes, adding a glass front and making the whole thing less prone to stress fractures.

The Pixi needs to have it's screen resolution increased slightly to be the same as the Pre 2 and to be scaled with future devices. It also needs it's internals to be compatible with the Pre line. Changing those things would releave some stress on devs that need to build two versions of their apps to accomidate both the Pre and Pixi. Down side of course would be that the current Pixi models would need to be phased out of support pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    YUP! in a heartbeat. but for the love of god, call it something else!!!
    Pixill or Pixell (looks like Pixi2) or even Pix2 or anything else!
    Exactly! For me, I would just drop anything related to Pix from the phone. Maybe just name it Pi...
    I would have to say no. I'd grown fond of my pre and I really love the form factor. I love a concealed keyboard... and the pre is just awesome.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I like the pixi name. Lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast