1.    #1  
    I live in Norway and I us an unlocked at&t branded Palm Pixi Plus. It works perfectly fine, except that it only uses 2G when on mobile internet. I also cant find an option to change this to 3G. I got the internet apn settings from my carrier, but I get an error that says the settings wont work. Can someone help me out?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    you are out of luck... it seems the AT&T version only has 3G capability on the frequencies used in North America ...

At&T uses 850 and 1900mhz for 3g, as european carriers use 2100mhz frequency for 3g
    Show must go on...
  3.    #3  
    ah that sucks. Should have done a wee bit more research before I bought it then. But o2 versions will work?
    Quote Originally Posted by knutfin View Post
    ah that sucks. Should have done a wee bit more research before I bought it then. But o2 versions will work?
    Yep. You're only way out now is sell the AT&T one and repurchase an O2 one.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #5  
    ok, well I guess I gave to deal with that . But is there a simpler way to turn 2g on/off than to go to the phone preferences?
    Quote Originally Posted by knutfin View Post
    ok, well I guess I gave to deal with that . But is there a simpler way to turn 2g on/off than to go to the phone preferences?
    I have the same problem... I use Quick System Tasks to disable 3G.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    There's a Device Menu Megamix that adds data to your top bar options. It's pretty useful.