1.    #1  
    Palm, webOS, and Pre fanatic here. Need some help!

I won a PIXI on ebay from a seller who swore the phone was "like brand new and only used a few times". Turn on the phone: bricked. Runs, but then suddenly all sorts of error codes, and then a funky 70's colorful screen. I'm currently a Pre user; I purchased the PIXI as a gift for my partner.

WebOS Doctor has run a few times with no luck. If it finally works, is the PIXI good as new? Or has it sustained damage? I recalled my paypal payment. Any suggestions? Is it worth keeping? Send it back to the ***hole? (The guy did have Homebrew on it. Funny if he'd happen to stumble across this post!!!)

Thanks! Your suggestions are MUCH appreciated!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjasonmott View Post
    WebOS Doctor has run a few times with no luck. If it finally works, is the PIXI good as new? Or has it sustained damage? I recalled my paypal payment. Any suggestions? Is it worth keeping? Send it back to the ***hole? (The guy did have Homebrew on it. Funny if he'd happen to stumble across this post!!!)
    Nobody will tell you that it will be "good as new". How could we know this?
    I would probably send it back if possible.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Nobody will tell you that it will be "good as new". How could we know this?
    I would probably send it back if possible.
    So bummed. You're probably right :\

....yet I sit here repeatedly starting WOS Dr. over and over.... lol
    Have you been thru all the suggestions on WebOS Internals?
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Buying anything used is always a risk. The person was a dirt bag to do that, however, you had won it not a purchase.. regardless ~ you should have been told.

Regards,

[i]--Sent using my sprint pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjasonmott View Post
    Palm, webOS, and Pre fanatic here. Need some help!

I won a PIXI on ebay from a seller who swore the phone was "like brand new and only used a few times". Turn on the phone: bricked. Runs, but then suddenly all sorts of error codes, and then a funky 70's colorful screen. I'm currently a Pre user; I purchased the PIXI as a gift for my partner.

Thanks! Your suggestions are MUCH appreciated!!!
    I myself have had a couple of these, since i usually buy em upgrade them then resell them. I would just get a refund through paypal, just open up a case and advise paypal they usually give the money back to you fast.
    remove and replace the battery andthen plugthe usb cable into the computer then holding the volume up button plug the cable into phone and keep holding the volume up button until a usb symbol pops up . This is rcovory mode now run the doctor ob it and you should be good. Any other question just ask.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Buying anything used is always a risk. The person was a dirt bag to do that, however, you had won it not a purchase.. regardless ~ you should have been told.

Regards,

[i]--Sent using my sprint pre.
    Yeah I would just send it back and try to get another on ebay. Whether it was a auction or not it was falsely advertised in the listing which makes it that much easier to get your money back. Too bad there are always a few of those people out there.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks to you all for your suggestions and feedback.

After running one LAST time, the Dr. finally worked!! Hurray!

Also, I should have known better: the seller is a webOS supporter as well, and I should have known our community better. He was very apologetic and a super nice guy. Although I was upset, it all worked out!

Good story, right?