1.    #1  
    I Was thinking of buying the palm pixi plus (Phone Product Detail <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td align="center"> <table border="0" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td> <font class="gamma" size="2"><span class="gamma-neg-alert"> Your browser does n

I would like to know what apps are available and more importantly if instant messaging is supported for things like msn/windows live messenger and facebook chat?

For those who have this phone does an im client come pre-installed and are there any out there?

many thanks for those who take the time to read this or reply =)
    Off the shelf, you have AIM and Google, with the installation of a set messaging plugins found elsewhere in the site, you can add MSN, Office Communicator, QQ, ICQ and others
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #3  
    oh kool, thanks for the reply.... no facebook chat support then? what plugins are available for msn?

thankss
    Yeah, Facebook too, sorry (with the plugins).

The plugins are the programs that allow you to use the other protocols, msn, icq, yahoo, faccebook, qq, etc.

Look for "messaging plugins" in the forum's search function
    I'm hopeing those are all made more readily available with open synergy in webos 2
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I'm hopeing those are all made more readily available with open synergy in webos 2
    We all are hoping, but it remains to be seen :S
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by adam444 View Post
    oh kool, thanks for the reply.... no facebook chat support then? what plugins are available for msn?

thankss
    after palm releases webOS 2.0 sometime this fall, facebook chat will be supported within the messaging application, provided you download the facebook app for free.
    its really awesome.
    is homebrewing my pixi the only way I will be able to add the facebook I'm patch?
    Yes until WebOS 2.0 comes out with Facebook 2.0 that will support facebook chat.

For now here is the patch for different messaging apps

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

Although I would use the Facebook Chat patch in Preware because it shows the names of your contacts, whereas the plugin one found on the link does not.