1.    #1  
    is there a app that lets you make custom ringtones...bc ii use to have an android phone and they had a very nice one
    any mp3 will work. I use itunes search premium to use song clips.

there is also a good download site for free ringtones at crackberry.com
  3.    #3  
    ok but is there any place you can just use your mp3's on your phone and get snippets of them to use as ringtones?...(without using a computer)
    you would do that on your pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackice20021114 View Post
    ok but is there any place you can just use your mp3's on your phone and get snippets of them to use as ringtones?...(without using a computer)
    You might try using Internalz to copy the .mp3 from "/media/internal/music/" to "/media/internal/ringtones/", and then change your ringtone in preferences. This method should avoid having to plug your phone into your pc/mac in order to add .mp3 ringtones.

As far as "in phone" editing .mp3 files...I dunno.
    Search google for "MP3 Trim" for a great free MP3 editor you can use on your PC to create custom clips of your MP3 files to use as ringtones.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    sometime you guys crack me up. OP asked for an "in phone" way to clip mp3s for ringtones, not a PC way.

I don't know of one. Good luck, hopefully someone knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackice20021114 View Post
    is there a app that lets you make custom ringtones...bc ii use to have an android phone and they had a very nice one
    This is an alternative to getting custom ringtones it's called "Free Music Ringtones" you can download the ipk from this link and installed it either with preware, or internalz. Unfortunately, the app isn't available in the app catalog anymore.
    Note: This is the only app I'm aware of. Hope this help.
    Here is the link:http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...al-thread.html

Best regards,
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/23/2010 at 03:19 PM.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $isn$'$t$ $a$ $way$. $Go$ $the$ $PC$ $route$.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    hello blackice,
    if you need a custom ringtone I can help you with that. Drop by my website [url=http://www.bigmouthstudio.com] and use the contact me form...

kind Regards,

Jerry McCrae
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    sometime you guys crack me up. OP asked for an "in phone" way to clip mp3s for ringtones, not a PC way.

I don't know of one. Good luck, hopefully someone knows.
    I think we made it clear that it isn't currently possible and we kindly offered alternatives such as free ringtones that can be acquired and downloaded directly to the phone...

would the OP have benefited from limiting replies to Heck No!!! ?

probably not, but I'm glad it cracked you up. Making you smile is my mission.