1.    #1  
    I've had the Pixi for almost a year now but had my first replaced cause of some hardware issues. I had a friend who had a Pre, install preware for me on my first phone, which I loved. He's not around to help me out anymore so I was wondering if anyone can show/tell me THE easiest way to install preware from START to FINISH. I have two Pixis to do this one, mine and my wife's. I've seen a lot of links on these forums but I just can't figure it out.

Anyone...?
    Hi parsonsoutdoorstv, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

You can find a lot of tips about webOS and Homebrew in our Palm Pre Tips, Information, and Resources forum.

You can find directions for Homebrew and Preware installation here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html

Also, take a look at this thread for great information for new webOS users:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, and great avatar as well! GO PACKERS!
  4.    #4  
    I noticed I have to download WebOS quick install, but does that work for the Pixis? Cause I tried to connect my phone to it and it wasn't recognizing it.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Type 'webos20090606' on your phone, without quotations. and enable developer mode.
    And make sure you have Novacom installed on your computer also. If you don't, you can (re)install it through the WOSQI app... File/Options/Attempt Novacom (re)intstallation
  7.    #7  
    Thank you guys, I now have PREWARE on my phone! FINALLY! Now I'm working on the themes...
    For themes, make sure you turn on the feeds in the Preferences in Preware (they are turned off by default).

Glad you got it going! Enjoy
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    When in preware tap the top left, then 'manage feeds'. Make sure 'Pre Themer' is set to on, i'm pretty sure it's off by default.

Edit: YOU BEAT ME TO IT!! lol
    ...One more thing themes should be install and uninstall using preware.

Enjoy your addiction. :-D
    remember to buy the preware documentation app in the palm catalog. It supports preware development and contains a complete set of documentation
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    remember to buy the preware documentation app in the palm catalog. It supports preware development and contains a complete set of documentation
    +1 Very helpful stuff