Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Is there any patch or anything to keep the ringer on high all the time? I just got a replacement Pixi and I got the dreaded faulty ringer switch. If i press on it it'll go from volume to mute, but it goes back to volume. Is there a way to disable the switch entirely? I hardly ever use it, and if i do need to turn the volume down ill just do it manually.

I would send it back, but this is my 4th Pixi and i don't wanna wait till monday to get another one. lol
    Your caught between a rock and a hard place. Unfortunately, there aren't any patches to set your ringer at high at this time. Your best bet is send it back, and hope the next phone isn't defective like the last four.

Good Luck.
    If you have torx wrenches, tighten up the screws behind the back cover. Theres one in each corner. That fixed it for me. I haven't seen anyone recommend this, i found it out on my own.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    If you have torx wrenches, tighten up the screws behind the back cover. Theres one in each corner. That fixed it for me. I haven't seen anyone recommend this, i found it out on my own.
    I seen this somewhere, and it worked. Mines not really that bad with the case on. I actually have to slide it a hair down then it'll do it. I'll go try this right now, while i'm doctoring my old pixi. lol Palm may not like the 768 OC in there.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quick question, I know the bottom 2 screws has a palm sticker on there, will it void anything if i take it off?
    I got a sewing pin (not needle) and picked it off and saved it, then put it back in when i was done tightening them up.
    if the replacement isn't right, you should make them send you another.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    That fixed it. Tightened all 4 screws up, they were snug, but not very tight. Anyone who wants to know, you need a size 5 Torx bit.

This one is finally a perfect one, other than the ringer switch. My first Pixi, had hardware failure, second i had for a day had the ringer switch issue, third one had a blown ear speaker. So far on this one everything works.
    Yeah, i sat here one day thinking about how if the switch gets pushed it makes a contact, so i figured if i snugged them all up it would make it contact or be off. I use torx bits to adjust my knives and for a few other electronics so i have a few sets laying around. Check them every month or so, they do loosen up ever so slightly. It fixed my girlfriends too, everything i read on here said its just something that happens.