1.    #1  
    does anyone know if you can send music via bluetooth on a sprint palm pixi?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Sure can, as long as your BT device supports A2DP. There's many ways to find out, but an easy way to find out is if your device has a music note in the bluetooth preferences when it's connected. What kinda bluetooth device/s do you have? Or do you not have one yet?
    Kinda depends on what you mean by "send" music.

A2DP (as referenced above) is a way to stream music to headphones or automobiles or any capable device. The Pixi does this very well, as I lam able to isten to music over the bluetooth in my car.

If you are talking about SHARING music via bluetooth (transferring songs to other smartphones), I know Palm originally did not support transfer over bluetooth. I do not know, though, if there has been any updates/preware released that allow this.

Sorry im not more help...
    I made it work from my computer...but the sound quality was atrocious. There was a lot of interference and what there was was very tinny sounding.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_rsp View Post
    If you are talking about SHARING music via bluetooth (transferring songs to other smartphones), I know Palm originally did not support transfer over bluetooth. I do not know, though, if there has been any updates/preware released that allow this.
    Aha, I didn't think of it like that. Yes, that's still correct. As of right now, bluetooth can ONLY be used for phone calls and music/media streaming to a headset or PC.

However, WebOS 2.0 added bluetooth keyboard (and gamepad I hope!) support, along with a slew of other BT profiles. I'm not familiar with them, but one would hope file transfer would be supported!
  6.    #6  
    ok thanks for your help guys...i can't wait for webos 2 comes out ...is there a set date when it will be available