Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    where in preware all I see is the one that doesn't install on a Pixi
    This is not in preware. You need to download the patch you want from this thread, and use webOS Quick Install.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    What type of pixi do you have? What version of webOS?

Do you have a file /etc/pulse/system.pa ? Can you send me a copy?
    I have a verizon pixi plus running 1.4.5. I'll have to check on that file later when I have access to a computer
    so i installed it and i went to play music and there's no sound?
    idk whats wrong with it!?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dktfstr View Post
    so i installed it and i went to play music and there's no sound?
    idk whats wrong with it!?
    Hmmm... Odd indeed. I do not recall of hearing of that problem before.

No sound for anything? ringer? front speaker when on a call? speaker phone? ear phone?

Also, be sure to do a hard power cycle after the install.

You should be able to uninstall with webOS Quick Install to return to the previous settings.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    someone requested an even quieter version....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    lol...more requests for even finer tweaks.....

65, 66 and 67k attached
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I thank you for this -- I just thought "this would be nice" yesterday, and saw the patch for the Pre on Preware. Should I be patient and wait for a Pixi version to show up there?
    can anyone please tell me how to install these patches on pixi .
    I get an error with webosqi and "patch installation failed" with preware.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nattysinister View Post
    can anyone please tell me how to install these patches on pixi .
    I get an error with webosqi and "patch installation failed" with preware.
    Sorry- wish I could help more. Can you give any other details of the error?

You can look at the patches and just apply them manually by editing the files on the Pixi.
    Sorry- wish I could help more. Can you give any other details of the error?

You can look at the patches and just apply them manually by editing the files on the Pixi.
    At last a reply.I am glad you responded JC.
    Well this is the error i get when i try to install using webosqi
    "An error occured
    Unable to connect to webos-internals server
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch"
    Also please let me know the way to apply these patches manually.
    Once again thank you.
    I know this is coming a bit late, but you need to have an internet connection when you get that error. Webosqi is looking for scripts to run to install patch, needs to be online.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    I know this is coming a bit late, but you need to have an internet connection when you get that error. Webosqi is looking for scripts to run to install patch, needs to be online.
    that is what I thought at first but I had internet connection each time I tried installation.This is something else.Also I succeeded in installing the patch twice and I have no idea what new I did to get those patches working but I had to uninstall it as it was bursting my speakers and then hence tried the quieter version of patch and again the same problem.

So the bottomline is that
    This problem is very random;the patches are working on their own will.Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.
    FWIW, I use the median increase 67. Found that to be the best in my case. Also, my Pre2 and Pixi Plus are very picky about usb ports. On my laptop it is very hit-and-miss, and my desktop is hit-and-miss when it comes to the front ports. The rear usb is much more consistent.

As for the error you got, I have only had that issue when I was not connected to the internet. Everytime I do connect, it works fine. But I totally get your frustration...believe me.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Also please let me know the way to apply these patches manually.
    I would only try this if you really know what you are doing...

copy the file /etc/pulse/system.pa over to your computer and make a backup.

Edit the file, I think you can use wordpad in windows. After the two lines:

load-module module-palm-policy
    load-module module-suspend-on-idle

Add a new line:

set-sink-volume 0 67000

Save the file and put it back on your pixi. Reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    FWIW, I use the median increase 67. Found that to be the best in my case. Also, my Pre2 and Pixi Plus are very picky about usb ports. On my laptop it is very hit-and-miss, and my desktop is hit-and-miss when it comes to the front ports. The rear usb is much more consistent.

As for the error you got, I have only had that issue when I was not connected to the internet. Everytime I do connect, it works fine. But I totally get your frustration...believe me.
    Well i've had that usb problem with almost every phone I have ever had.Don't really get why these things happen.These problems may sound litlle but truly they are frustrating beyond limits as you have no idea how to sort em' out.

Add a new line:

set-sink-volume 0 67000

It certainly seems easy and I would give it a try asap.
    Also jc can you please tell me that do these patches effect call quality in any way.What I basically need is just an increase in media volume.
    My call quality is already exceptional and crystal clear.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    It certainly seems easy and I would give it a try asap.
    Also jc can you please tell me that do these patches effect call quality in any way.What I basically need is just an increase in media volume.
    My call quality is already exceptional and crystal clear.
    If I recall, this was all the volumes, media and phone. But, I am not sure. I played with this a long time ago and I never actually had a pixi! Maybe someone else on this thread might know.

Good luck!
    At last success...!!!
    Thanks jc.Playing with 'system.pa' to know optimum settings for me.

Add a new line:

set-sink-volume 0 67000

Thanks JC for the tip. It is fun playing with the system.pa setting. set-sink-volume 0 67000 is too much for palm pixi back speaker, it is not loud enough but chirpy. Looks like the speaker cannot support loudness beyond 65537. But I will still want to see how i can increase the back speaker volume...
    Quote Originally Posted by chet13 View Post
    Thanks JC for the tip. It is fun playing with the system.pa setting. set-sink-volume 0 67000 is too much for palm pixi back speaker, it is not loud enough but chirpy. Looks like the speaker cannot support loudness beyond 65537. But I will still want to see how i can increase the back speaker volume...
    It's true.67k is too much for pixi to handle;anything below 66k can work.Also I think only some portion of volume increases.
    For e.g. Only some bass or treble is increased which makes the sound chirpy.Increase in vocals is less if at all there.

An overall increase would have been great as in sony phones.I owned a w 595 whose volume was increased to 150% of it's original volume.

Anyways good work jc.Thank you.

EDIT: These settings seems good with possibly overall increase in media volume(including vocals).
    set-sink-volume 1 65700
    Anyone else with a better setting for pixi please let everyone know.
    Last edited by nattysinister; 12/24/2011 at 07:41 AM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast