Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    can you retrieve a deleted video from a palm pixi phone i talk to the palm pixi people they said once you delete a video from this phone it cant be retrieved because the pixi doestnt have like a recyle been or recyle file or what ever its called so i asked them would a third party app work they said most likely nnot can someone please tell me if thier rite or what to do thanks
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyinva View Post
    please help can you retreive a deleted video from a palm pixi after its been deleted does the palm pixi have a recyley folder built in the phone thanks
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pictures.html

    works for videos too
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    i'm pretty sure you can't retrieve it. you should probably send a PM to hardbeatz and ask him to direct you.
    now why would go on and tell him that workerb33

    scaring the living day lights out of him
  4.    #4  
    thank you so much for reply to me im new to me how do i send a pm to hardbeatz i dont even know what that is please help me thanks
  5.    #5  
    will a app work to retrieve a video if its been deleted off the phone completly i call the palm pixi phone people they told me this phone doesnt have a recycle been or a recovery file once yoy delete video it goes off the phone so will a applacation still work im new to this and dont know much about it so anykind help would be nice thanks
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    now why would go on and tell him that workerb33

    scaring the living day lights out of him
    I was unaware of that. I learned something new every day, and this day isn't over. I deleted my post so it won't confuse future generations.
  7. #7  
    I saw at least one thread about it. It's possible.
    Important: Don't use the "USB" portion of device now (no new videos/music....). Search for an app able of recovering images/music from USB/SD-CARD. Mount the drive with PC/MAC and run such a recovering app.

    Found one thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pictures.html

    EDIT: Sorry I was late. Everything already told ;-)
    Last edited by somline; 10/20/2010 at 01:25 PM.
  8.    #8  
    ok thanks but if the video is deleted off the phone how will a app retrive something thats not there?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyinva View Post
    ok thanks but if the video is deleted off the phone how will a app retrive something thats not there?
    On a file system a file doesn't get deleted. Just the "pointer" to the sectors gets deleted. The file is still there.

    EDIT: Until it gets overwritten by a new file.
  10.    #10  
    ok butis the palm pixi phone have a file system and how do you know if you have overwritten it yet with a new file i am really clueless on all this thanks so much for your help when i talk to the palm pixi techs they kept telling me the palm pixi has no recovery file or recyle ben where a third party app will retrieve my vidieo and if it does retrieve is that only for pics or videos to thanks
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyinva View Post
    ok butis the palm pixi phone have a file system and how do you know if you have overwritten it yet with a new file i am really clueless on all this thanks so much for your help when i talk to the palm pixi techs they kept telling me the palm pixi has no recovery file or recyle ben where a third party app will retrieve my vidieo and if it does retrieve is that only for pics or videos to thanks
    Thats exactly the problem: You don't know. The reason I told you to not record another video or music or anything.
    Just try such app and see what it can recover. Hopefully you haven't stored a lot of new files after the deletion.
  12. #12  
    There is no recycle bin...

    1. download and Install the software in the other thread that both I and somline have posted.
    2. next connect your pixi to your computer as a USB drive
    3. Start the software and direct it to your PIXI located in "My Computer" (or " in vista and win 7 "Computer")
    4. the software will than search for ANY deleted media on the drive (this case on the Pixi) and show you the files after its finished...
    5. you than have an option to restore those files

    try it out... it wont hurt... promise
  13.    #13  
    ok i see so if the video gets deleted the file still stays in the phone on the hard drive and a recovery system app can retrive it if it does retrieve the video file will the vidoe still play or will it just show the file and not play and my last ? what is the name of app and where do i find it at thanks guys sorry for bothering you
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyinva View Post
    ok i see so if the video gets deleted the file still stays in the phone on the hard drive and a recovery system app can retrive it if it does retrieve the video file will the vidoe still play or will it just show the file and not play and my last ? what is the name of app and where do i find it at thanks guys sorry for bothering you
    Yes if it is complete and not (partly) overwritten. There are a couple of apps available. Did you follow the link?
    There even are tests in computer magazines and the web which app can recover what file best.
  15.    #15  
    what the link again
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyinva View Post
    what the link again
    Are you kidding?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    There is no recycle bin...

    1. download and Install the software in the other thread that both I and somline have posted.

    try it out... it wont hurt... promise
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pictures.html
    Last edited by somline; 10/20/2010 at 02:46 PM.
  17.    #17  
    ok thanks
  18. #18  
    Just because you can recover files... doesnt mean it has a recycle bin..

    i can "Permanently" Delete files from my comp drive and still recover them... even if i bypassed the recycle been completely..

    recovery of files through 3rd Party specialty recovery programs does NOT = Recycle bin
    Last edited by sketch42; 10/20/2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Updated removed Rant :p
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Lol, I didn't mean you my friend. I just repeated what you have correctly (and first) written ;-)
    This was an answer to:


    Sorry I should have quoted that.
    lol.. o ok

    umm yeah.. im gonna delete that post..

  20.    #20  
    so you still retrive videos even if the palm pixi doesnt have a recycle been or a recovery file when i talked to the people who makes the palm pixi phone told me you cant retrieve videos because on this phone once you delete file it leaves the phone period this is why im so confused
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions