Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So you don't believe us. This has nothing to do with pixi or palm or recycle bin.
    This is how an OS is using a filesystem. The directory-listing of files in a folder is a stored in a special "area" on the disk.
    This holds pointers to the real files. When you delete a file this "pointer" gets deleted. EDIT: Gets marked deleted.
    But the bits on the filesystem (the file) stays intact. It would take a lot of time to overwrite all this bits.
    In e.g. a MAC you can choose "secure erase" for files. Then all bits of the file gets overwritten and you can't recover them.
    You can get more info in wikipedia about e.g. FAT filesystem.

EDIT: Didn't you read the last post in the mentioned thread? http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2682611
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    You all may be a life saver! Thank You for suggesting this program! Today I recovered 552 "accidentally" deleted pics!!
    Last edited by somline; 10/20/2010 at 03:05 PM.
  2.    #22  
    o i believe you thats great info you know alot about this im going try it when my wife gets home sounds great but theres still a chance the video will be corrupted and not turn out rite?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyinva View Post
    o i believe you thats great info you know alot about this im going try it when my wife gets home sounds great but theres still a chance the video will be corrupted and not turn out rite?
    Yes unfortunately there is a chance. It depends on how much was written on the USB portion after deletion.
  4.    #24  
    thank you so much man we are going to try it tonite i forgot to tell you i never saved the video to my pc will that matter or is the app geting it off the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtonyinva View Post
    thank you so much man we are going to try it tonite i forgot to tell you i never saved the video to my pc will that matter or is the app geting it off the phone
    You will connect the phone to the computer, put it in USB mode and tell the program to look at the phone for recoverable files.
    My recommendation is to use PhotoRec - CGSecurity

It is very user friendly.
  7.    #27  
    ok thanks someline gave me alot of good info i need all the help i can get this is my first time do something like this i really hope it works this is a great site im glad i found it because the technians at palm pixi and sprint stores all told me if i dint save it to the pc for back up theres no way in this world i can get it back you think they would know what thier doing since they work for palm lol thanks
    The users of any given item will always know more than those who just sell it. No sales person is going to be trained on a ton of different phones and OSls.

If you're going to ask for advice here, you'll get good information and instead of doubting it, you should listen to it the first 10 times.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The users of any given item will always know more than those who just sell it. No sales person is going to be trained on a ton of different phones and OSls.

If you're going to ask for advice here, you'll get good information and instead of doubting it, you should listen to it the first 10 times.
    Btw i Train all the workers in Blackberry, iOS , WebOS and Android
    bigtonyinva,

In response to your PM on how files that are deleted can be recovered.....

Here is the 'just a bit technical' answer*... When you delete a video or picture nothing is really deleted. The operating system (in this case WebOS) marks the space that the file (in this case your video) takes up as free space so that new data can be put there. Until something is written over that space, like a new video, a song, pictures or what ever, the file is still there and relatively easy to recover / un-delete. There are a number of free photo recovery tools that you can use.

See my post above for a link to PhotoRec.

*To the other techies, remember that this is a kitchen table explanation.
    Last edited by noco37; 10/21/2010 at 04:44 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12