1.    #1  
    yeah im a few days late on the update.

i downloaded 1.4.5, installed and rebooted.
    open the app catalog to see what new apps were available and i saw the same ones from 1.4.3. searched for angry. nothing. assasins-nothing. no new apps.

did i do something wrong?

i dont have uber/gov or preware. just webosquickinstall on my cpu, and have farkle,pribbage, and accuweather from that.
    you would have to have Preware,

theres no way to install apps without it, even from WebOsQuickInstall.

Go to Device Info and check your release version.

If it still says 1.4.3, the update didnt work.

If so its Doctor time.

version 1.4.5 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pixip...p121ewwatt.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    you would have to have Preware,

theres no way to install apps without it, even from WebOsQuickInstall.

Go to Device Info and check your release version.

If it still says 1.4.3, the update didnt work.

If so its Doctor time.

version 1.4.5 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pixip...p121ewwatt.jar
    You can install apps and patches with webOS Quick Install. Not sure if that's what the OP did or not, but it is possible.

Good call on the release version. Maybe the OP can try to manually install the update if it didn't take...if not, I'd agree with the Doctor visit.

nnb
  4.    #4  
    using release version 1.4.5

I dont have preware. any apps i use ive been getting from the app store, or from the quick install(just the 3 i mentioned)

is angry birds preware only? i would assume it was from the official app store button.

i figured that after i switched to 1.4.5 there would be lots of pdk apps to choose from.
    angry birds isn't a preware app. there are paid and free versions of angry birds in the standard palm app catalog. are any other at&t pixi owners reporting the same issue? I can't imagine that it doesn't have pdk support in the update, since that was the primary purpose of the update.

I would suggest that you first call at&t support and ask them what the deal is with the catalog. they will know if it's been reported by other at&t pixi owners.

if they can't help you, and you don't find other pixi owners here that have the same issue, you will probably want to doctor your phone and start with a fresh 1.4.5 install. but don't do that until you've tried any alternatives, and be sure you have the preware save/restore app to back up your application data... if you are able to take a few minutes to install preware (which is the best part of webOS, so you will be glad you have it!)
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  6.    #6  
    ok talked to att tech support, no clue says in their book to call palm. transfered to palm got some help with the check this, check this, check this. Told them that i got the update via wifi at home since I'm in the part of the world that doesn't get 3G, just EDGE. According to Palms records, my phone hasnt received the update. so after work, i will connect via wifi and wait for them to call me back. hopefully being connected will show the update as received.

sucks living in podunkville. 3 miles north and south of town get 3g, we get stuck with edge.

will update when i can