View Poll Results: Yes, add Flash 10.1 to Pixi l regardless of processor performance

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    49 72.06%
  • no

    19 27.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. jckatz's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #21  
    Don't like flash don't miss it on my phone.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
  2. nitu's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    also, if that whiz can understand the source. I used to work @ a company that needed to get adobe's documentation for their copy protection on ePubs (ebooks) and their response was....here's the source, with no comments whatsoever, you figure it out. The dev complained about it for about a month! Glad I wasn't stick on that assignment. Flash is a power hungry horribly ineffecient app. Unfortunately, its one of those necessary evils. Too bad there isn't a vimeo app!!
    Vimeo uses HTML5 for streaming videos if your browser doesn't have flash... tried myself vimeo website on a pixi plus and works flawlessly
    Show must go on...
  3. #23  
    just tried vimeo...and unfortunately the vids I wamted to watch said "you need flash 10."

    oh well. Flash lite wouldn't play it either. Plus, HD videos look a lot better on my pc monitor!
  4. #24  
    It's never gonna happen. The Pixi just doesn't have the hardware for it.
  5. nitu's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    just tried vimeo...and unfortunately the vids I wamted to watch said "you need flash 10."

    oh well. Flash lite wouldn't play it either. Plus, HD videos look a lot better on my pc monitor!
    have you tried the mobile version? it works for me ... vimeo.com/m
    Show must go on...
  6. #26  
    yeah...but I can't search the mobile version for what I want to watch...unless I am missing something
  7. #27  
    I saw the webos 2 video, and the only thing I liked were the card stacks, and flash. The menu names, and the "Just type..." things, I HATE. So, I really don't see any point to upgrade unless there is a patch to hide that stuff.
  8. #28  
    I only want flash on the Pixi if we get the Air version of it (stand-alone apps). It doesn't seem like even the Pre is going to get that?! I have a Droid 2 and could care less about flash in the browser (yes it's there, but I don't use it). However, Air apps open up a whole lot of cross platform development. As an example, SkyTunes is a very nice application that I currently run on my Droid 2. I'd love to be able to also run it on my wifes Pixi.

    John
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrara View Post
    I saw the webos 2 video, and the only thing I liked were the card stacks, and flash. The menu names, and the "Just type..." things, I HATE. So, I really don't see any point to upgrade unless there is a patch to hide that stuff.
    Why do you hate Just Type? That's actually one single feature I'm most looking forward to.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  10. anifan's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #30  
    I think he means the bar in the UI. Without a virtual keyboard it wastes advanced user"s space (but newbies will need it to discover the power of just type).
  11. dan-o's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #31  
    I mean let's be honest, most of us went for the pixi because we liked the form factor. What are the chances h/palm is going to come to its senses and give us a proper phone in this form factor? If palm moves away from this form factor it is likely i won't stay with palm. The main thing that hooked me on the treo was the touchscreen/physical keyboard combo. If they aren't going to have that then I have other options. I am willing to wait because I really do like the pixi. but dammit - i really wanted flash.
    Last edited by dan-o; 10/25/2010 at 03:34 PM.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    I mean let's be honest, most of us went for the pixi because we liked the form factor. What are the chances h/palm is going to come to its senses and give us a proper phone in this form factor? If palm moves away from this form factor it is likely i won't stay with palm. The main thing that hooked me on the treo was the touchscreen/physical keyboard combo. If they aren't going to have that then I have other options. I am willing to wait because I really do like the pixi. but dammit - i really wanted flash.
    I'm hoping that if HP keeps the Pixi alive they do give it a decent refresh. The two things I see as needed would be to adjust the screen resolution to be scaled with the Pre and scale with future "super" phones and the "PalmPad". The second would be their hardware internals need to be fully compatible in APIs and scalable specs. Both of those things need to be changed so that Apps and any plug-in support can actually scale over multiple devices rather than needing to be rewritten in some cases to be able to operate on a certain device or not being able to work at all.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions