Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm new to this sooo I was just wondering if the 2.0 update will be avalibe for the Pixi's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachkon View Post
    I'm new to this sooo I was just wondering if the 2.0 update will be avalibe for the Pixi's?
    according to palm, it seems as such!

this is from their twitter page, I asked about a section of there website that indicated the update coming to the original sprint pre, they responded with this.

@palm
    palm
    @windzilla The webOS 2.0 update will be delivered to current customers in the coming months
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Not so fast. I just chatted with Palm..

1:18 PM Support session established with Jay.

1:18 PM Jay: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. How can I help you today?
    1:18 PM Ryan: I just had a quick question.
    1:19 PM Jay: Yes. What is that question?
    1:19 PM Ryan: I seen that you guys have introduceed webOS 2.0, will it be avalible to the Pixi's? I know its a few months away and all i've seen is that its for the Pre's
    1:20 PM Jay: I understand that you want to know if the WebOS version 2.0 will be made available to the Palm Pixi is that correct?
    1:21 PM Ryan: Yes.
    1:22 PM Jay: Let me see how I can help you. There has not been any further announcements if the version 2.0 will be available for the Palm Pixi as of this time.
    1:23 PM Jay: I cannot make further comments just to set any expectations since we have not been provided the exact information about it so far.
    1:24 PM Ryan: ok thats fair. lol i just hope it come to Pixi as well.
    1:24 PM Jay: The fastest way you can get the latest information about it will be our Palm website.
    1:25 PM Jay: Hopefully it will be available for the Pixi so you can enjoy also the features that it will come out with.
    1:25 PM Ryan: ok thanks for the information.
    1:25 PM Jay: You're welcome. Let me provide you with the Chat session ID number as reference for this case. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    1:25 PM Ryan: no sir i'm fine, thanks!
    1:26 PM Jay: You're welcome. Thank you for using Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance. We value your feedback and invite you to take the survey that you’ll receive via email. Have a great day!

Not very clear on weather or not the Pixi's will get 2.0.. I hope we do!
    yes, it will be on the pixi, but no flash.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, it will be on the pixi, but no flash.
    is this just a guess. Where'd you hear that at?
    front page article, press release, etc.
    If it does come to the Pixi its gonna be freakin sweet.. Love the stacks on the cards!
    if that's in the PRPRPR $how$ $did$ $I$ $miss$ $it$??? $Will$ $re$-$read$.

EDIT: stupid (6) in there.

(6) The Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta is compatible only with Palm Pre devices; not compatible with Pixi or Pixi Plus.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    How are we so sure it's coming to the Pixi?
  11.    #11  
    Man that sucks. I wish it had flash tho.
    Boyer, I'm pretty sure it's coming to the pixi plus...especially since they explicitly state that flash won't work on the pixi and pixi plus!

That said....I'm sure some enterprising developer (once flash is working on the pre) will be able to make it work on the pixi...maybe.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Boyer, I'm pretty sure it's coming to the pixi plus...especially since they explicitly state that flash won't work on the pixi and pixi plus!

That said....I'm sure some enterprising developer (once flash is working on the pre) will be able to make it work on the pixi...maybe.
    why wont it work on the Pixi? Sorry I am new. I thought the pixi and the pre were similar. Even with the webos 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    why wont it work on the Pixi? Sorry I am new. I thought the pixi and the pre were similar. Even with the webos 2.0?
    You have nothing to worry about. WebOS 2.0 will be coming to the Pixi.

However, Flash will not be available for you guys...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You have nothing to worry about. WebOS 2.0 will be coming to the Pixi.

However, Flash will not be available for you guys...
    I wonder if we'll get all the features of 2.0? Like skype and stuff. Can our hardware handle 2.0?
    maybe it is a slow web os 2 on pixi ...
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    I wonder if we'll get all the features of 2.0? Like skype and stuff. Can our hardware handle 2.0?
    2.0 should be more optimized than current versions of webOS. There should be no performance issues.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    For even more proof, take a look down here: Palm USA | Palm Pixi Family | Incredibly thin. Instantly conversational.

"Available in the coming months."
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    For even more proof, take a look down here: Palm USA | Palm Pixi Family | Incredibly thin. Instantly conversational.

"Available in the coming months."
    Ok, I feel better now lol
    I betcha when 2.0 comes out and flash
    someones gonna try and make a homebrew patch/app for flash.
    it's a possibility, and with the pixi overclocking (still experimental) flash may work.
    just my speculations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast