1.    #1  
    My daughter's birthday is at the end of the month. I currently have the Sprint Everthing Data plan with 3 other lines. I'm 1 year into my current contract. We all have Pre's. It was suggested to me to ge my daughter a Pixi over the Pre for durability issues. No slider and better build quaility.

What do current Pixi owner think?
    Would you recomend the Pixi?

I wish the Sprint Pixi had WiFi. And I'm really not thrilled about her contract having a whole NEW 2 year agreement.

How is the battery life on the Pixi?
    Build quaility? Replacements? How many? Why?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
    I did post a similiar post on the Pre Forum. Would like to her from Pixi owners.
    you could probably get one on the cheap ( pre or pixi ) online from amazon .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Pick up a pixi on ebay. Then you wont be in contract for it.
  4.    #4  
    I will have to check with Sprint again. But I thought they said no matter what there is a two year agreement. With or without a phone. I have an extra phone and they said it will still be a two year agreement.
    well you could buy a pixi and start a new contract then after you were done transfer the pixi to your number and then transfer your phone to the new contract and you would be on the two year agreement instead of your daughter.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I was thinking of buying my wife a pixi, instead bought a pre, couldnt be happier. I would say go for pre.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpagano View Post
    Would you recomend the Pixi? I wish the Sprint Pixi had WiFi.
    Absolutely. I had a Sprint Pre before and the durability/better form factor was my reason for switching to the Pixi. The only 2 things I miss is WiFi and the better camera.

And I'm really not thrilled about her contract having a whole NEW 2 year agreement.
    Hmmm I agree there. I would look online. I have seen them for ~$120 brand new on ebay from reputable sellers. EDIT: ok, saw your other post. Yeah, if you are starting a new line, they are gonna hit you up with a 2 year contract no matter if you use your own phone or not. In this case, I would just take advantage of the free Pixi they are offering or wait on the next Gen model...

Mine is better than my Pre was. I usually have about 45% left at 10pm.
    Excellent (except for the USB flap. the little metal tab comes off - just annoying). No replacements (I had 4 Pre replacements, in comparison.)

I think the Pixi is an excellent smartphone. The benefits of build quality and battery life has definitely outweighed the lower quality camera and lack of Wifi, at least in my opinion...
    sorry, don't have a pixi, but here is my 2 cents worth:

if she has a working phone, then no need to purchase her another for her birthday. get her, instead, something she does not have. then maybe for christmas, the pixi 2 will be available on sprint.
    get her an ipad
  10.    #10  
    I just confirmed with Sprint. If I don't get a phone from them. Provide my own. I can add her to my account and existing contract. So when my contract is up, I can do what I want with all four lines. NO ETF! I even got a mananger on the phone to confirm.
    if she is like my daughter, she is rough on hardware, and she only cares about txt/facebook.

that makes the pixi a wise choice.

my daughter managed to destroy my 700w in less than a year. The pre wouldn't survive for even a month.
    kool sounds good !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    sorry, don't have a pixi, but here is my 2 cents worth:

if she has a working phone, then no need to purchase her another for her birthday. get her, instead, something she does not have. then maybe for christmas, the pixi 2 will be available on sprint.
    I'm wondering why you wouldn't offer the advice to buy a Palm Pre as you previously stated in your thread entitled Palm Pre is a girls phone or maybe you think they are both girls phones.
    You left yourself W I D E open for someone to find this juicy tidbit
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Pixi is much tougher and has a better keyboard.

I say ebay a pixi there gettin cheap around 160 new .. 85 used.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mpagano View Post
    My daughter's birthday is at the end of the month. I currently have the Sprint Everthing Data plan with 3 other lines. I'm 1 year into my current contract. We all have Pre's. It was suggested to me to ge my daughter a Pixi over the Pre for durability issues. No slider and better build quaility.

Would you recomend the Pixi?

I wish the Sprint Pixi had WiFi. And I'm really not thrilled about her contract having a whole NEW 2 year agreement.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
    I did post a similiar post on the Pre Forum. Would like to her from Pixi owners.
    I can make you a pixi plus for sprint with wifi they are over all a good little phone i have had one from day one and not had a single issue with it except when i sat on it broke the digitizer but was easy to find another one on eBay the battery life is not the best but by far not the worst pixi would be a good phone for a 10 year old or older I would recommended a otter box case to protect it but yes its a good choice
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    get her an ipad
    eww
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Got my Pixi for $112 shipped from the bays of E. I'm very impressed with it and expect it will last me for quite a few years. Get her a pink Touchstone back for it and she'll think it's da bomb, fo reals.
    The Pixi may be the very best device on the market for a teenager. It just seems to be a good fit for that age group. We got one for my daughter, she's loves it.
  19.    #19  
    If I do get her a Sprint Pixi, I will certainly be temped to give it Wifi from a Plus.
    While the general durability of the Pixi seems excellent, be careful of a known weakness in the USB port. Make sure to be gentle when inserting the cable, and especially avoid putting stress on the connector while it's plugged in. My 10-year-old stepdaughter's three-week-old Pixi's touchscreen spontaneously cracked internally (while sitting on a table, with my wife watching), and Palm refused to cover it under warranty, claiming it had been abused. :/

--John