Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    My wife and I have a busy schedule with work and kids. This weekend I added my yahoo calendar account to my Wife's pixi so that she knows when I am available. Unfortunately my email and contacts went along with it. She has enough email and contacts of her own. I tried the preferences on the phone as well as my yahoo homepage but I couldnt find any options to do that.

I personally would rather open an account where both my wife and I can just add our appointments to one calendar so that we can both view it but she does not want to open another account.

Is this possible to sync only the calendar and not the email or contacts?

Thanks in advance
    After adding the account, just go into contacts and email and remove it from there. It will keep the calendar (and IM, remove it from there as well if you don't want it). There is (currently) no centralized place to manage what each account syncs with.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    After adding the account, just go into contacts and email and remove it from there. It will keep the calendar (and IM, remove it from there as well if you don't want it). There is (currently) no centralized place to manage what each account syncs with.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I do remember seeing my account in the email and contacts section under preference. Does this mean that each one can be removed individually. I thuoght if I removed one the others would also be removed at the same time.

The wife ownes the pixi so I dont have it with me right now, I will try this tonight then.

Thanks again
    You're very welcome. You can remove the account from any of the the apps individually, and it does not affect the others. Useful when adding the Facebook app if you don't want all your Facebook friends in your contacts.
    Yes, you can remove each account individually. i remove my contacts and calendar account for both my email address and my facebook account.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Perfect!

When my wife got the pixi last month all her contacts from facebook were on her phone. She didnt want that. She wanted them from the yahoo account.

I will know what to do when I order my pre come Nov 1.
    I actually opt for neither and transfer all my contacts into my outlook email client and then transfer those and calendar events to my phone so they're on my palm profile.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware