1.    #1  
    Hi guys!
    i really want to go buy a palm pixi plus. I don't have the money to pay for a data plan though. Would I be able to use the internet browser without the data plan and just the wifi? what about apps such as email? Will i be able to use those? Or is it like theblackberry system where you can't do anything without a data plan?

thanks so much for the help !
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Yes, you can do all things with wifi. Not like blackberry that will crippled the wifi without BIS full service.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  3.    #3  
    yay! thank you so much wynet !
    I got an ATT pixi+ w/$15 month data plan. 200mb but I'm by wifi all the time. Most I've used is 50mb.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yeah, it sounds like Pezman's plan seems the most right. It isn't too expensive but if you need internet on the go then you should be good.
  6.    #6  
    ok. so i've been doing some reading and it seems like i need data for the inital setup, right? I"m buying an unlocked pixi and i'm not going to be using it on At&T, so is it the same thing? do i need to get the data plan anyway if only for a second? if so, i'm guessing i can just get a friend's at&t sim card, right?
  7.    #7  
    please please help ! :/
    it's true. data is required for the first setup. after that everything can be done on wifi. make sure to install patches and homebrew to fully dissable the non-wifi data tho.
    actually, you don't need patches to disable data. (though they do make it a lot easier.) you can just go into the phone, hit the preferences menu at the top left of the touchscreen and turn the data off in there. That's what I used to do...until I got the patch that added it to my topbar menu next to the wifi. I leave my data off all the time during the week...really the only time I don't have data is when I'm driving between work and home, and I don't need it then anyway.