Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    tried rebooting, running EPR, and a trip to the doctor. Still, with a stock pixi, the UI is lagging with warthog.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    tried rebooting, running EPR, and a trip to the doctor. Still, with a stock pixi, the UI is lagging with warthog.
    You're using sprint pixi right?
    Cuz so am I, I wonder if us sprint users are having the issue w/ it.
    Cuz warthog is a ATT kernel...which "should" be the same, but maybe its different somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I have another question, are you using Compressed Swap or not? I find that my Sprint Pixi seems to behave a bit better with it off as there is more physical memory available for apps/etc. (I believe this is how this works)
    My Pixi is from o2 and no problems with UI lagging so far...
    Seems to be really a Sprint Pixi problem
    Quote Originally Posted by scr512 View Post
    I have another question, are you using Compressed Swap or not? I find that my Sprint Pixi seems to behave a bit better with it off as there is more physical memory available for apps/etc. (I believe this is how this works)
    I have tried the pixi w/ both compressed swap on and it off. w/ OC kernel ther was an issue either way w/ slowdown.

On stock kernel, compressed swap actually helps the machine multitask better and for me did not slow it down that much.

It wont slow it down until you run out of RAM and having to compress things into the compressed swap file. It also does not seem to "partition" your RAM statically, it dynamically allocates it as needed...so if your not running out of RAM its not even using compressed swap.

If anything, these OC's should help the speed of compressing when using the compressed swap, I have to say, I have monitored the usage of compressed swap activity and am really impressed by its ratio, Ive had it up to 20MB actually used, and it was holding over 100MB of compressed data in that 20MB...that is a damn good compression ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by xysoulxy View Post
    My Pixi is from o2 and no problems with UI lagging so far...
    Seems to be really a Sprint Pixi problem
    I think we need to have someone start modding actual sprint kernels and us sprint testers going at it...to see if there is any improvement.
    I'm using the precentral app so I cannot see signatures, but in my sig I have 1 Verizon Pre and 2 Verizon Pixi's. I'll try tweaking the compressed swap a bit and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    You're using sprint pixi right?
    Cuz so am I, I wonder if us sprint users are having the issue w/ it.
    Cuz warthog is a ATT kernel...which "should" be the same, but maybe its different somehow.
    I have a Verizon Pixi+ and I have the UI lag also...I havn't had a chance to doctor it yet though I'm going back to the beginning and applying the kernel before I do any other patches and see if that helps at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpCecil View Post
    I have a Verizon Pixi+ and I have the UI lag also...I havn't had a chance to doctor it yet though I'm going back to the beginning and applying the kernel before I do any other patches and see if that helps at all.
    Cool keep us updated. Will be interesting to see how/ what / why/ when this lag is happening..
    didn't have any effect on mine
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Glad to know Im not the only one experiencing the UI lag. My personal take on it is, if this kernel were to hit uberkernel status in preware..issues like the UI lag must be stamped out first and Im hoping they can be.

As another note, I have never installed Jstop..so I know thats not an issue Im experiencing as a result of it.

On another note, I have a feeling it doesnt have to do with the theory "oh your pixi must not be able to take the OC because obviously its not working right"....I theorize that is a faulty way of thinking, simply because if I tell my pixi to work a max of 600mhz when using the OC kernel....it still experiences heavy UI lag as time goes on.

Because, if it was indeed the fact my armv6 processor inside pixi cant "handle" the OC...then it should only experience the lagginess when going over 600mhz and work perfectly fine @ 600mhz, but as stated above this is not the case.

Now, I think I noticed something odd when peaking at uname -a w/ my stock kernel vs the OC kernel, I need someone to confirm this as I cant memboot the OC kernel right now.

But on the stock kernel everything seems the same except the part that says chuck #
    stock = #2
    OC kernel (I think it said) #11
    I need someone to confirm if Im right or wrong, if right..what does this difference mean?
    If wrong...then my memory is just flawed, ignore it haha
    That number is just the number of times the kernel source has been compiled for that version. It does not affect functionality.

-- Rod
    Guys, sounds like your pixi needs a visit to the doctor. It is not that bad. I am curious to hear results AFTER you doctor.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Guys, sounds like your pixi needs a visit to the doctor. It is not that bad. I am curious to hear results AFTER you doctor.
    I'm doctoring mine right after work, about 2 hours from now, as soon as its done and I've installed the preware test kernel I'll post the results. if there are those of you who would like me to go both routs and test the memboot kernel first and then compaint those results to the preware install let me know, other wise I'm just going to install the preware test Kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Well one guy said he did doctor and experienced the same things after the doctor...so something else is going on =)
    You will never know until you try! I am looking forward to hearing your results SpCecil.
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Test Kernel is awesome.. No hiccups so far here running at 748 with compcache at 24mb. Which I had webOS before I wasted money on my previous Android phones.
    Its only going to get better too!
    Just curious guys, those running with the UI lag, have you tried any of the reduce logging patches to see if that decreases the lag? Or are they not available for the pixi?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Just curious guys, those running with the UI lag, have you tried any of the reduce logging patches to see if that decreases the lag? Or are they not available for the pixi?
    Yeah I have at least one, dont remember of the top of my head which one though, thats why I'm going to doctor and reup patch by patch starting with the OC Kernel and see what happens
    Yeah I have a couple logging disabler patches installed...