Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.allrobots.org View Post
    Man, a little point in the direction of the guy with the right info and you just take off eh? Great work, glad my being a androidXpalm guy came in handy...
    Yep, who says different smartphone communities cannot work together for the greater good ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    first attempt to install kernel didn't work. It looks like if you have UK installed, you'll have to go back to stock before it will allow the new warthog kernel to install.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    first attempt to install kernel didn't work. It looks like if you have UK installed, you'll have to go back to stock before it will allow the new warthog kernel to install.
    Yes, that is the case for all kernels. All properly packaged kernels require that your device is in stock condition before they will install. When upgrading the same kernel, Preware does the uninstall and reinstall automatically for you. When changing kernels, you must do the uninstall first yourself.

-- Rod
    Do you just uninstall UK and it goes back to original or do you have to uninstall UK then reinstall the original. Not going to do this till after work today.
    Maybe this is a stupid question but which Governor do I have to use with the warthogkernel v19? Is it just the ondemandtcl?
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    Do you just uninstall UK and it goes back to original or do you have to uninstall UK then reinstall the original. Not going to do this till after work today.
    The former.

-- Rod
    thanks to everyone who made this available! Bill.allrobots. Thanks for readimg the site! You should get a pixi and see how great it is I installed from the testing feed and everything seems perfect. I tested angry brids a few times and there was no shut down! Great job everyone!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi all, new here.

just tried the WH kernel feed via preware and unfortunately my pixi plus didnt boot back up, so im doctoring back as we speak ( i uninstalled UK first and rebooted).

it kinda stuck in a loop with the rolling start icon.

Ill have another go when its back up
    NOTE: Not all Pixis may be able to handle overclocking. So really, it is a good idea to try membooting first if at all possible if you want to avoid having to doctor.
    went ahead and unistalled UK but now the only kernals I see are palm and UK. not seeing a new kernal.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    for whatever reason I'm not finding this in the Test Feeds, I have the Webos-Internals test feed for both pixi and all, is there another feed that I'm just unfortunatly unaware of?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Let me know if it gets worse as the phone gets used or not...as programs are opened and close, cuz thats what Im experiencing..
    I take that back, after using it longer I am noticing extensive lag, lmao I'm going to reboot and try membooting again tonight after work.

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I took off jstop long ago. I noticed that before overclocking
    I did too, I figured thats what it was but was just slow in removing it, when the lag continued after overclocking I was hoping it would help a little bit, it did for a few seconds haha.
    I am curious cause I'm experiencing it as well, what's up with the UI lag?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I am curious cause I'm experiencing it as well, what's up with the UI lag?
    I'm going to completly swipe my phone tonight and start from scratch, remove all patches, themes and so on, just in case it is something that I have installed. I wont be able to do this till after work however so I'll update when I know if that helps
    sounds like you both should visit the doctor
    I think my question got lost, so I just post it again...

Quote Originally Posted by xysoulxy View Post
    Maybe this is a stupid question but which Governor do I have to use with the warthogkernel v19? Is it just the ondemandtcl?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpCecil View Post
    for whatever reason I'm not finding this in the Test Feeds, I have the Webos-Internals test feed for both pixi and all, is there another feed that I'm just unfortunatly unaware of?
    yes. This is not in the regular test feed. It is in the kernel test feed. Take a look around the webosinternals site, and you should be able to find it and add it to your feeds.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    yes. This is not in the regular test feed. It is in the kernel test feed. Take a look around the webosinternals site, and you should be able to find it and add it to your feeds.
    Thanks! I was thinking that was the case, I just watned to get a little confirm before I went kernel hunting!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpCecil View Post
    Thanks! I was thinking that was the case, I just watned to get a little confirm before I went kernel hunting!
    ha I found it...mabey I should have just scrolled down a little bit more lame
    Glad to know Im not the only one experiencing the UI lag. My personal take on it is, if this kernel were to hit uberkernel status in preware..issues like the UI lag must be stamped out first and Im hoping they can be.

As another note, I have never installed Jstop..so I know thats not an issue Im experiencing as a result of it.

On another note, I have a feeling it doesnt have to do with the theory "oh your pixi must not be able to take the OC because obviously its not working right"....I theorize that is a faulty way of thinking, simply because if I tell my pixi to work a max of 600mhz when using the OC kernel....it still experiences heavy UI lag as time goes on.

Because, if it was indeed the fact my armv6 processor inside pixi cant "handle" the OC...then it should only experience the lagginess when going over 600mhz and work perfectly fine @ 600mhz, but as stated above this is not the case.

Now, I think I noticed something odd when peaking at uname -a w/ my stock kernel vs the OC kernel, I need someone to confirm this as I cant memboot the OC kernel right now.

But on the stock kernel everything seems the same except the part that says chuck #
    stock = #2
    OC kernel (I think it said) #11
    I need someone to confirm if Im right or wrong, if right..what does this difference mean?
    If wrong...then my memory is just flawed, ignore it haha
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast