Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You are testing experimental kernels.

You *MUST* be prepared to Doctor your phone at any time without warning and with a smile on your face. You must also be prepared to lose the contents of your USB drive at any time without warning and with no regrets. See Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals which says:
    If you are not prepared to Doctor your phone without warning, then please do not use any kernel referenced on this thread or on the @warthogkernel twitter feed or in the Preware testing feeds.

Seriously. This is one item we don't joke about.

-- Rod
    Adding the above from Rod so he doesn't have to waste time writing it again and again and again! He's got more important things to work on (like this OC) than reminding us what we should already know!

Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Bleh, I guess I will try EPR'n my phone then membooting to see if there is any significant change in behaviour.
    Is there a way to backup all patches I have installed and then restore them?
    Or, do I just write all the installed ones down somewhere and reinstall them manually?
    OH CRAP, I just realized something...do I gotta be in developer mode for the memboot to work "PROPERLY"?
    Why doesn't this post surprise me ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    LOL , that doesnt answer my question =(...although it memboots just fine in non developer mode Im wondering if it will work better in devel mode ... hrm...
    ok so the instructions to use memboot seem fine, how do i revert back to the stock kernel if the OC starts getting slow as people are reporting?

tia

yus786
    Quote Originally Posted by yus786 View Post
    ok so the instructions to use memboot seem fine, how do i revert back to the stock kernel if the OC starts getting slow as people are reporting?

tia

yus786
    Just reboot your phone.. IE, hold power button, select restart orange button.
    I think the above works, to be sure I just do a full power down and normal power up.
    Just reboot your phone.. IE, hold power button, select restart orange button.
    I think the above works, to be sure I just do a full power down and normal power up.
    ahh right thats cool, will there be an option to keep the overclock if the device is powered down and up again once this is developed further or is it always going to be like that?

ps. this community seems pretty damn awesome! replies within minutes

cheers

yus786
    Quote Originally Posted by yus786 View Post
    ahh right thats cool, will there be an option to keep the overclock if the device is powered down and up again once this is developed further or is it always going to be like that?

ps. this community seems pretty damn awesome! replies within minutes

cheers

yus786
    Well, how it works is, once this kernel is all stamped out and tweaked, it will end up in preware(I think anyways) as an upgraded kernel option for pixi.
    Once you install that kernel, its installed until you choose to remove it.
    So even after power down and power up it will be the kernel your pixi is booting from.
    Using govnah controls the parameters for settings on speed which are persistent when making a profile and saving, so when it boots up...it loads that profile and all your clock settings are back =)
    it should get released just like uberkernel is in preware. To explain a bit more about the usefulness of membooting... The whole point of membooting would be to boot from the kernel that was just placed in memory. As soon as you reboot your phone...or the kernel causes it to crash, you revert back to whatever kernel you normally boot from. Useful if you are either testing new kernels, or if your kernel gets corrupt and you get stuck in a reboot loop. You can reload stock kernel, backup what you need to, then doctor.
    I am just loving this kernel at 750! I cant imagine how much 850 is gonna rock! 900 will be a dream!
    Already so much smoother and a better user experience!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    thanks guys, gonna oc it then hopefully in a few hours before i goto sleep, will see how it effects my batt life overnight

cheers
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I just finished membooting! it runs nice however I am also noticing a slight lag...but I had this lag before I did the OC so we'll just have to wait and see
    Quote Originally Posted by SpCecil View Post
    I just finished membooting! it runs nice however I am also noticing a slight lag...but I had this lag before I did the OC so we'll just have to wait and see
    Let me know if it gets worse as the phone gets used or not...as programs are opened and close, cuz thats what Im experiencing..
    Just installed V19. Everything feels great. Will let you know if there is any difference.
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    sounds great guys! Keep up the good work. I use Preset Reset every night and that has really improved day-to-day usage, but I am drooling waiting for the overclock to hit Preware. Donations headed your way as soon as I get home to my computer.
    While using v19 my pixi shut off 2x while playing angry birds
    went back to v16 and tested Angry birds. It worked flawlessly. I played it. closed it, played etc. Never a shut down.
    Codecrumb. Are my findings normal where 16 is more stable than 19?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Let me know if it gets worse as the phone gets used or not...as programs are opened and close, cuz thats what Im experiencing..

I acutally found that about 80% of the lag went away after I disabled JStop
    I took off jstop long ago. I noticed that before overclocking
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Heh oops. I restarted my Pixi today not even thinking about it. Just went to play Angry birds for the first time since the OC, and i went to Govnah just to make sure its still putting out. It booted back to the stock kernal. Now that i know how it works i Membooted in a few seconds. You don't even have to type anything in, just copy and paste!
    Thanks to rwhitby helping with the packaging, there should be a little surprise for people with the kernel testing feed enabled.

Twitter / WartHog Kernel: @Palm #Pixi owners with th ...
    Man, a little point in the direction of the guy with the right info and you just take off eh? Great work, glad my being a androidXpalm guy came in handy...
Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast