Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1263
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #1221  
    I've tried using the voice via the google apps from precentral. When I try and dial, it takes me to the default voice dialer. Anyone know how to get around this so I can use the google voice dialer?

    Please email me if need be: ryanshadland @ gmail.com

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by natureabor; 05/24/2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
  2.    #1222  
    Quote Originally Posted by natureabor View Post
    I've tried using the voice via the google apps from precentral. When I try and dial, it takes me to the default voice dialer. Anyone know how to get around this so I can use the google voice dialer?

    Please email me if need be: ryanshadland @ gmail.com

    Thanks in advance!
    What does this post have to do with pixi overclocking?

    -- Rod
  3. #1223  
    Ok I'm on the road heading back to New York at the moment when I get back I'll post it.
  4. #1224  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What does this post have to do with pixi overclocking?

    -- Rod
    Not for typing "what does this post have to do with pixi overclocking" but, not adding/aiding anything to help point me in the right direction, or no direction if it's not available, a resource, something following your blank reply, meaning, no better than my post, Mr. Developer. My bad for posting off topic, your bad for no follow up with speaking up.
  5.    #1225  
    Quote Originally Posted by natureabor View Post
    Not for typing "what does this post have to do with pixi overclocking" but, not adding/aiding anything to help point me in the right direction, or no direction if it's not available, a resource, something following your blank reply, meaning, no better than my post, Mr. Developer. My bad for posting off topic, your bad for no follow up with speaking up.
    Sorry, but asking questions in the right threads is a basic assumed skill when using PreCentral forums. If that skill is not yet learnt, it's time to go back to the introductory posts that are shown to you when you first register.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #1226  
    Don't know if this is the most appropriate thread to post my question, but i tried to run the scripts for softswap in my pixi 2.1. and i get error:

    insmode ..... xvmalloc.ko file already exists.

    Does anybody know what am i doing wrong?

    Thanks!
  7. #1227  
    Do you use the script or do you type the commands from pc using novaterm?

    If you use the script here in the thread, try to replace

    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ramzswap.ko disksize_kb=92160

    with

    insmod /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-chuck/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    insmod /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-chuck/extra/ramzswap.ko disksize_kb=92160
  8. #1228  
    Quote Originally Posted by arctic_mobile View Post
    Do you use the script or do you type the commands from pc using novaterm?

    If you use the script here in the thread, try to replace

    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ramzswap.ko disksize_kb=92160

    with

    insmod /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-chuck/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    insmod /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-chuck/extra/ramzswap.ko disksize_kb=92160
    i run the command from the pc, since no terminal app works with my pxi 2.1
    i'll try that anyway, thanks!
  9. #1229  
    i think it worked, the command at least went through! Thanks!
  10. #1230  
    So, after doctoring my phone and applying some of the kernel parameters in the thread "clearing swap memory" or similar, in pre section. I used this script above and created a 64MB compcache, then have /dev/mapper/store-swap as backing for that in the same script. Makes for hugely accessible swap area, can open many apps and system is still snappy.
  11. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #1231  
    http://forums.precentral.net/2990938-post601.html

    http://forums.precentral.net/2991386-post608.html



    So this is from the pre thread I think post 608 would be more useful. Resizing are swap?
  12. #1232  
    Hi, i did the steps above, and i know i did something wrong because of my own fault. The pixi works normally, but this is what i get, only:

    /dev/mapper/store-swap partition 368632 0 -3

    and that's it, no

    /dev/ramzswap0 partition 98296 75344 100


    number of partition size are also different, besides the -3.
    I know i did something wrong, because in the beginning it didn't work for me, does anybody know how to go back to default or how to make it as it was meant without installing the OS again? Thanks for any help it might come!
  13. #1233  
    Actually, that's what i exactly get:


    Palm Pixi:/dev/store# swapon -s
    Filename Type Size Used Priority
    /dev/ramzswap0 partition 434168 22080 100
  14. #1234  
    After playing around with the softswap mod, I've gone back to using the regular compcache. Actually seems a bit more responsive using compcache, and Luna would randomly restart using softswap.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  15. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #1235  
    Nah I still find softswap for be more smooth. especially 160. I just want to squeak some more speed out tho :/
  16. #1236  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    ...

    http://forums.precentral.net/2991386-post608.html



    So this is from the pre thread I think post 608 would be more useful. Resizing are swap?
    I tried all this already half a year ago on my Pixi, even before the Softswap thing. Believe me, physical swap usage on the Pixi is completety useless in terms of smoothness. The disk write performance is so incredibly bad.

    Update: I've been using a softswap of 122880 (equals 120 MB) for couple month now.
    Last edited by wiwa; 06/30/2011 at 03:17 PM.
  17. #1237  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    So, after doctoring my phone and applying some of the kernel parameters in the thread "clearing swap memory" or similar, in pre section. I used this script above and created a 64MB compcache, then have /dev/mapper/store-swap as backing for that in the same script. Makes for hugely accessible swap area, can open many apps and system is still snappy.
    Are you talking about Pixi 1.4.5? I run mine almost the same way, only difference is 120MB softswap instead of your 64MB

    Or are you talking about Pixi 2.1 ???
  18. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #1238  
    Is 120 better then 160?
  19. #1239  
    ^ not in general. With 120mb, the amount of simultanous cards is limited, especially browser.

    If you don't need many cards, it's better IMHO. The reason is that the system occupies permanently more swap if it's got more available, even if no cards are loaded.

    All the theories about Lunasysmgr IMHO suck, because Lunasysmgr is a Java and Java always sucks in terms of mem usage.
  20. FlyingBoat's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #1240  
    Sorry, I am a newbie here with my new pixi plus. I have read several pages in this forum. Are there instructions somewhere on how to install and use the overclock? Do I need to read all 62 pages to see where someone might have mentioned how to do this? Is there a tutorial section somewhere in these forums?

    I manged to install preware and install Govnah, but it doesn't allow me to increase the speed past 600 mhz?

    It would just be nice if there was a Wike in the front which says, here is what you do.

    Edit: never mind. I think I figured out my problem.

    Looks like I need to:
    1. Install update to 1.45. I need to do a lot of research on the web just find out how to do that? I type in update on my phone and then it will start a download.
    2. Probably install a new kernel. (These kernels on Preware said unavailable, likely due to my being on 1.40.)
    3. Then install Govnah (which may not even be needed because I read somewhere it runs at 800 Mhz with the new kernel).

    Wish these type of instructions were up front. What may seem very obvious can take hours of research leading down wrong paths, etc. Excited anyway about what can be done.

    Yup this all worked painlessly, once I knew what to do.
    Last edited by FlyingBoat; 07/02/2011 at 10:06 PM.

Posting Permissions