Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1263
Like Tree3Likes
    Yeah, Ive been running it since my last post no reboots. Over 1M reads from ramzswap. The swap and mem are balanced nicely, they shrink when not needed. I am wondering if there are settings that can be further tweaked to get the swap to shrink even more agressively....hrm....
    Wow at all the info in this thread. I've just installed Preware yesterday, Govnah/Uberkernel today. This thread helped me a lot. I've settled on Ondemandtcl 245/787, no compcache, anticipatory, westwood, with the softswap90 script. Typed the scripts directly into my Pixi via the Terminal app and VI--I feel special.

Anyway, can't say that I notice a tremendous difference from the Palm default, but then again I am a patient person and never really saw the Pixi as being that slow to begin with.

However I will say that apps definitely launch a lot faster using Ondemandtcl than they do using msm7k. Also it seemed that when I tried softswap160, the UI became a bit stuttery. Switching to 90 fixed that.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I cannot get UberKernel through Preware. I have tried all the things suggested for people having the same issue to no avail. I have a Pixi + with Verizon. I have Govnah v0.7.27 and I have the armv6, all, and kernels all on and I update the feeds reboot and there is still not the UberKernel there. I don't have access to usb cable at the moment. I know how to install it that way...ANY HELP please
    I cannot get UberKernel through Preware. I have tried all the things suggested for people having the same issue to no avail. I have a Pixi+ with Verizon. I have Govnah v0.7.27 and I have the armv6, all, and testing kernels installed and all on and I update the feeds, reboot, and there is still no UberKernel there. I don't have access to usb cable at the moment. I have 1.4.5 and Preware v1.5.8...ANY HELP please
    Did you by any chance install the VZW OTA update to 1.4.5.1? That would prevent you from installing Uberkernel.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    How can I uninstall the update and reinstall UberKernel? Is it possible?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    don't believe that's possible. Unless you redoctor your phone to 1.4.5, other wise there's nonthing you can do until they update the kernel.
    I just came across this posting on Overclocking the Pixi and I installed it on my Original Sprint Palm Pixi and it is working quite well. I simply installed Uberkernel from Preware, did a reboot, and then installed Govnah from Preware and set the profile in Govnah to "OnDemandTd 806". That allowed the system to boost the CPU speed up to 804 MHz when needed.

So far, my Pixi is noticeably faster for launching apps. Definitely worth installing. I haven't used the overclocking feature long enough to test stability and/or battery life, but I'll report back if I see any major issues.

Well done, WebOS Internals!
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Would it be possible to add the UberKernel manually if I had the url even if I have the 1.4.5.1 update installed and if so does anyone have the exact url?
  10.    #1210  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lala Lolita View Post
    Would it be possible to add the UberKernel manually if I had the url even if I have the 1.4.5.1 update installed and if so does anyone have the exact url?
    Why do it manually? Just install it from the feed.

-- Rod
    Would it make me look less like a ****** if I told you I've been sitting for two extremely frightening preteen girls. Thx uber much
    Ok when I go to the index I see the feed and I'm not as brilliant as I thought how do I install it from the feed page? I had the kernel installed but had to doctor my phone and send it back to the factory to be replaced. I must have updated to 1.4.5.1 before installing Govnah and the kernel I haven't installed it from the feed page before without my usb cable. I appreciate the help
  13.    #1213  
    Install Preware, and install the kernel from there.

-- Rod
    I have Preware installed but because I updated to 1.4.5.1 the UberKernel will not show up when I follow all the instructions on the forum to insall from Preware. I manually tried to add the feed last night I put in the name webos-kernel-testing and then added ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels.uber-kernel-pixi_1.4.5-0_arm.ipk and no luck. I'm wondering if the name is supposed to be something else?
  15.    #1215  
    You need to start again, and follow the testing feeds wiki page precisely.

-- Rod
    I followed the page and still no luck. All of the feeds are there and on. The preware is awesome, armv6, and all and they're turned on but the kernel is not showing up in Preware. I'll just wait till I can doctor it and install 1.4.5
    A
  17.    #1217  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lala Lolita View Post
    I followed the page and still no luck. All of the feeds are there and on. The preware is awesome, armv6, and all and they're turned on but the kernel is not showing up in Preware. I'll just wait till I can doctor it and install 1.4.5
    A
    If you're seeing a preware is awesome feed after rebooting, then you haven't followed the instructions precisely. If you name the feed correctly, it is automatically rewritten by Preware on boot. It's our way of knowing when people aren't following instructions to the letter.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok I put in webos-kernels-testing exactly, it says to put in http:// before the preware.is.awesome.com/ and there is already http:// I've tried it with and without it added in what part of that is wrong?
  19.    #1219  
    Post a screen shot of when you enter that feed exactly as specified, before you hit the add feed button. Then reboot your device (a complete shutdown and reboot), then post a screenshot of the manage feeds page with that feed showing.

You need to prove you are doing it correctly.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I just came across this posting on Overclocking the Pixi and I installed it on my Original Sprint Palm Pixi and it is working quite well. I simply installed Uberkernel from Preware, did a reboot, and then installed Govnah from Preware and set the profile in Govnah to "OnDemandTd 806". That allowed the system to boost the CPU speed up to 804 MHz when needed.

So far, my Pixi is noticeably faster for launching apps. Definitely worth installing. I haven't used the overclocking feature long enough to test stability and/or battery life, but I'll report back if I see any major issues.

Well done, WebOS Internals!
    Thanks! Did the same. Now it's running so much faster. I couldn't figure this out otherwise.