Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    There is no plans to port screenstate to the Pixi at this time. Maybe at some point in the future but definitely not right now.

Released uImages will be kept to a max of 748MHz for the forseeable future. There is still more testing to be done.
    Thanks for the clarification, and for your work on this. Awesome stuff, man!
    There is a new uImage on Warthogkernel's Twitter. uImage19
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Thanks for the update! Just threw it on the girl's Pixi. So far so awesome!
    Thanks Codecrumb! 748 is much better than 600 It really makes the pixi smoother and a much better user experience!

IS IT OKAY IF I have the Warthog kernel installed as well as the overclocking kernel?
    Wait, there are 2 diff kernels to download? I only know of the warthog ones...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    FINALLY! I figured it out. lol I didnt have the kernal un installed and i finally figured out what to type in cmd.exe.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    What changed from this uI from the last one?
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    What changed from this uI from the last one?
    Codecrumb removed some compile flags. He is hoping it makes it more stable. Although uI17 is very stable for me.
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Yeah my UI slows down after about 10-30mins whole just running a few programs and swapping between them with the v19 file.
    I noticed if I did a luna restart things would kinda go back to normal speed but not for long.

After a reboot to normal kernel the speeds are fine.

I wonder if its this method of membooting or something that my phone doesnt like ...//
    Doctor your phone...then try again
    Doctoring is not too bad.
    Just make sure you save important info
    I got too much set up on this thing to want to doctor at this point in time. I will just keep trying new releases to see if anything works. Because, in all practicality this shouldnt be a problem for people that already have patches and apps installed already. The goal should be to make this a transparent upgrade kinda like the current uberkernel... and I hope they reach that goal =)

Update: just tried opening tons of programs and swapping them around on the stock kernel, opened about 15 of which were pretty big apps for a few of them. All ran fine, there were minor slowdowns due to ramz processing...but after letting that do its work...switching between programs and menus .. had no noticeable slowdowns...after closing them all there is no slowdowns either. Its running as if was freshly booted.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    I got too much set up on this thing to want to doctor at this point in time. I will just keep trying new releases to see if anything works. Because, in all practicality this shouldnt be a problem for people that already have patches and apps installed already. The goal should be to make this a transparent upgrade kinda like the current uberkernel... and I hope they reach that goal =)
    You are testing experimental kernels.

You *MUST* be prepared to Doctor your phone at any time without warning and with a smile on your face. You must also be prepared to lose the contents of your USB drive at any time without warning and with no regrets.

See Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals which says:

Before you use our testing feeds, please read and agree to the following rules:

Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their phone at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.
    They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.
    They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.
    They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.
    They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.
    They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.
    If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.
    If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha testing.
    Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.
    If you are not prepared to Doctor your phone without warning, then please do not use any kernel referenced on this thread or on the @warthogkernel twitter feed or in the Preware testing feeds.

Seriously. This is one item we don't joke about.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Originally Posted by pezman726
    seriously. Install sdk. Download uimage, put in sdk\bin directory

power off the phone
    put in a USB cable connected to your computer
    hold the volume up key, while powering on the pixi

On Windows*: (after running cmd.exe)
    Navigate to cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

run novacom boot mem:// < uImage-xxx where xxx is the version.

if that's too tough, you probably shouldn't be doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    i dont understand what you mean by run novacom. I'm sorry if this is redundant, i just dont understand it. i made it to the very last step.
    so once the uImage is in the right directory, run cmd and type:

For 32bit system;

cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

And then hit 'enter', then type;

novacom boot mem:// < uImage-v16

Wait for the pixi to restart unplug and go!

For 64bit systems;

Cd \program files (x86)\palm\sdk\bin

And then hit 'enter', then type;

novacom boot mem:// < uImage-v16

Wait for the pixi to restart unplug and go!

Just to reiterate, if your struggling, this probably isn't for you.
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 10/14/2010 at 06:19 AM.
    Can't wait for stable release. V19 works like a charm for me, and all cards are much more responsive. Thanks for all the hard work guys.
    Oh, Im ready to doctor IF NEEDED but...prefer not too, until then =)
    membooted v19 last night so far so good been listening to pandora for 4 hours now battery is still @ 60%, everything feels more responsive, what settings are you guys using in govnah?
    Just membooted the v19, so far so good. Max CPU speed is only 748.8, is this true for everyone?

nevermind, just read earlier posts...i apologize, i should know better.
    Last edited by evictme; 10/14/2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: update
    Bleh, I guess I will try EPR'n my phone then membooting to see if there is any significant change in behaviour.
    Is there a way to backup all patches I have installed and then restore them?

Or, do I just write all the installed ones down somewhere and reinstall them manually?

OH CRAP, I just realized something...do I gotta be in developer mode for the memboot to work "PROPERLY"?
    Last edited by GenTarkin; 10/14/2010 at 12:16 PM.
    Sending donation now that I'm paid..... I understand the alpha testing and memboot but its not really for me yet..... hope to see this in preware soon! Keep up good work and lets us know when this goes to preware as I will donate again.
    I am running compress swap enabled 24mb. ndont think this is the best setting cause marco's youtube video was faster than mine
    so good! thx