Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'll just wait for it to come out in preware. lol I cant figure out how to memboot.
    Looks awesome! I'm gonna be waiting for the official release, as I'm not very experienced with WebOS hacking.

That said, coming from using my Nexus One for the past few days, I'm eager to see WebOS still has a great community!

I'm hoping HP/Palm will give us some great new hardware to go along with the great community(sorta hoping the Pre2 becomes their mid range device, and there is a slate larger screen device like the Droid X but with WebOS, and the Pixi stays around too, hopefully getting even cheaper to get more WebOS users)
    testing this kernel has been great. Is there another uimage to push it further?
    thanks
  5.    #85  
    Thanks to the generosity of the community, we have now purchased enough Pixi's to start stabilising the Pixi overclocking.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Now that is great news Rod!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Hey Rod, once you stabilize it...will you release the sprintpcs kernel image?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Hey Rod, once you stabilize it...will you release the sprintpcs kernel image?
    All the Pixi 1.4.5 images should be the same.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Well thats puzzling, when I run the memboot image for 1.4.5, like I stated above I get gui lag over time like aver 5-10mins of fiddling with programs things slow down. This is whether I OC it or not...so...I dont whats going on =/
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Now if someone could post a video, or try to use less technical terms on how to memboot. It would be great! I cant wait lol i wanna O/C right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Now if someone could post a video, or try to use less technical terms on how to memboot. It would be great! I cant wait lol i wanna O/C right now!
    Its been posted several times on here, also its a simple google search:

Let me google that for you
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Its been posted several times on here, also its a simple google search:

Let me google that for you
    lol why would you google a URL?

Anywho, things i dont understand is "From the WebOS Doctor Image you'll need to extract the (original) kernel"

I have the Doctor, but that re formats the device? right? Can't i just un install uberkernal from preware or quick install?

Is the "WebOS Doctor image" the same as the "WebOS Doctor"?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Alright guys, I'm assuming that people that are interested in this but don't know how to memboot are at least at the point of having devmode on, and Preware rocking. I would highly recommend having some knowledge on what Govnah does, google "WebOS Govnah" if not. It is essential to control the CPU speed.

If you are unable to use WebOSQI (novacom installed) to install patches/software to your Pixi, you cannot overclock yet. If you can't open the Palm WebOS emulator on your PC (Windows start > Palm SDK > Palm Emulator), you cannot overclock yet.

If you can do all of these things, you're ready to overclock your Pixi and I, as I'm sure many others here, will be here to help. I'd be glad to write out exactly what I did, but only if people interested understand that this is a (slightly) potentially dangerous kernel in ALPHA stages!

Now... questions? :]
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    lol why would you google a URL?

Anywho, things i dont understand is "From the WebOS Doctor Image you'll need to extract the (original) kernel"

I have the Doctor, but that re formats the device? right? Can't i just un install uberkernal from preware or quick install?

Is the "WebOS Doctor image" the same as the "WebOS Doctor"?
    First off, it probably has to do with how LMGTFY is fun. :]

Now, I'm guessing you're reading the memboot instruction link, where it says to extract an image from the WebOSDoctor.jar, yes? That is for giving your phone a fresh stock kernel. If you're looking to overclock, you need to follow the instructions starting where it says to reboot into bootie mode. :]

The kernel uImage file you downloaded is the file you want to use in the memboot command. So move it to the folder where the instructions say. If you need more help just lemme know here!
    seriously. Install sdk. Download uimage, put in sdk\bin directory

power off the phone
    put in a USB cable connected to your computer
    hold the volume up key, while powering on the pixi

On Windows*: (after running cmd.exe)
    Navigate to cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

run novacom boot mem:// < uImage-xxx where xxx is the version.

if that's too tough, you probably shouldn't be doing it.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zap2 View Post
    Looks awesome! I'm gonna be waiting for the official release, as I'm not very experienced with WebOS hacking.

That said, coming from using my Nexus One for the past few days, I'm eager to see WebOS still has a great community!

I'm hoping HP/Palm will give us some great new hardware to go along with the great community(sorta hoping the Pre2 becomes their mid range device, and there is a slate larger screen device like the Droid X but with WebOS, and the Pixi stays around too, hopefully getting even cheaper to get more WebOS users)
    First of all, welcome to WebOS and Precentral, bro. It's only going to get better from here. Everyone here will make sure of that. :]

I was curious as to how far you've gone with your device. "Hacking" as I define it means you have root access and no restrictions on code launching. This means homebrew is unlocked. On many devices this is a difficult thing, but rooting WebOS is as simple as typing the konami code, launching an app and hitting an on switch. It really is an amazing thing. Our 'hacking' scene is basically condoned by HP and Palm, not officially endorsed, but they have given the homebrew scene props several times.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    seriously. Install sdk. Download uimage, put in sdk\bin directory

power off the phone
    put in a USB cable connected to your computer
    hold the volume up key, while powering on the pixi

On Windows*: (after running cmd.exe)
    Navigate to cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

run novacom boot mem:// < uImage-xxx where xxx is the version.

if that's too tough, you probably shouldn't be doing it.
    i dont understand what you mean by run novacom. I'm sorry if this is redundant, i just dont understand it. i made it to the very last step.
    Looks like progress: 897mhz w/ video on pixi! and there is another post showing screenstate governor =) WOOT!!!!
    There is no plans to port screenstate to the Pixi at this time. Maybe at some point in the future but definitely not right now.

Released uImages will be kept to a max of 748MHz for the forseeable future. There is still more testing to be done.
    Thanks Codecrumb! 748 is much better than 600 It really makes the pixi smoother and a much better user experience!

IS IT OKAY IF I have the Warthog kernel installed as well as the overclocking kernel?
    Last edited by stu5797; 10/13/2010 at 09:34 PM.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!