Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Just fyi: when I upgraded from warthog-140 to newest warthog-166 my Govnah (0.7.24) was still seeing it as warthog-140, even after reboot and wouldn't allow me to change to new oc speeds. I'm guessing it has something to do with profiles knowing kernels now.... I fixed by uninstall Govnah, reboot, reinstall, reboot.

With fresh Govnah, all my profiles are gone, but it sees it as warthog 166 so I recreated my profiles. I have the unset CFQ patch in place and it works after reboot I'm still showing Anticpatory.... so hooray.

I would like to shed some more light on the msm7k CPU Freq govnah.
    I did a little more research and thinking after watching the "HP think Everybody whatever" event.....

They mentioned that all the new Veer/Pre3/Touchpad are using Qualcomm chips.... now we know that the Pre and Pre plus used TexasInstruments OMAP 3 procs.... so this doesn't apply to the pres but the Pixi has Qualcomm msm7627.... the little brother of the Qualcomm chipsets in all of the new HP devices and Ironically more similar to the new devices than the Pres!!! The Qualcomm guy said they have optimized the chips to have a smooth speed/battery curve.... which made me think about what I have already reported here and read elsewhere that the msm7k Cpu Freq selection does just that.... When it sees processor use it SMOOTHLY scales the speed of the proc up... doesnt "Jump" up to higher speeds when it hits a threshold like the ondemand/tcl CPU Freq does.

I applyed this and am using:
    CPU Freq: msm7k
    Min Freq: 245.76 MHz
    Max Freq: 849.6 MHz
    Compressed Swap: 8mb (thanks again devs for the option rather than having to manually type that in!!!)
    I/O: anticipatory (with Unset cfq patch)
    TCP: Westwood

I was using the same but with 806 MHz.... I notice a small performance bump, but only when I really need it because the msm7k uses smooth scaling-- if you open Govnah, then switch and open a few other apps and then switch back to Govnah you can see the graph smoothly ramping the cpu freq up and down...

They say slow and steady wins the race.... so If I want all day life, I go the other way and set this:
    CPU Freq: msm7k
    Min Freq: 245.76 MHz
    Max Freq: 480 MHz
    Compressed Swap: 8mb
    I/O: anticipatory (with Unset cfq patch)
    TCP: Westwood

While it will have its bumps if I try to run a whole bunch of stuff.... idling in my pocket just waiting for calls and texts this is the way to go.... but If I want to run something that requires some horse power I just switch up....

A good example of this is the app SDL Mille which is a great game. At normal pixi speed it is a dog to open.... with 806 or higher (849.6!!!) it is open much faster.

Thanks everyone for your posts.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ^^^ whats this I/O: anticipatory (with Unset cfq patch) <---- you are talking about?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    ^^^ whats this I/O: anticipatory (with Unset cfq patch) <---- you are talking about?
    in preware under patches... "Unset CFQ IO Scheduler"
    I believe it was codecrumb who mentioned webOS sets this to cfq by default on reboot. This patch prevents that from happening.
    TCP setting also doesn't carry over after a reboot with out writing some dort of script.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Oh OK so it's just a patch so your I/O Scheduler won't reset to cfq when rebooted
  5.    #965  
    FYI: Govnah does not store the kernel version - it asks the running kernel each time Govnah is started.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Thanks for the clarification Rod.

I wasn't suggesting that Govnah stored the info... It was just odd: I installed the warthog 166 from preware and accepted the reboot. When it came back up I went in looking for the new Freq and they weren't there. I exited and re launched Govnah but it was still reporting version 140 on the main scene. So I tried removing Govnah and rebooting... Then reinstalling Govnah and booting again to be safe... And the Govnah was seeing warthog-166 and the new freq were available. Weird... It's all good now.
    how do i get the warthog kernal??? ive tried like four times i just cant find it
    i am having some issues with the different I/O Schedulers on my sprint pixie, with msm7k my CPU frequency wont go over 320 mhz no matter what i open and lags because of that. the conservative I/O Scheduler sounds like it would be the best depending on the settings and personal uses of the phone but it will not go over 122.88mhz no matter what i set the settings to, any ideas
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    samething happens to my pixi when try to use msm7k... So I don't use it
    what about the conservative anyone with a pixie played with the up threshold and down threshold to find out that it will not raise the frequency?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    same problem those are 2 I stay away from
    thanks good to know that im not the only one having these issues.
    Anything above 806 is going to require a Chuck Norris Pixi.
    So far, couple hours and 835 been running fine on my sprint pixi. Kinda nervous about going that 15mhz more =P gonna leave it at 835 for a while see how it works.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    been on 849 for 4 days a counting ZERO problems

Mine must be a Chuck Norris
    nice errbin! =)
    Yours a sprint pixi too?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

5 days on 849 here too.
    Mine is a sprint pixi too.

@errbin: you really have issues with msm7k thats weird.
    Can you switch to msm7k, and do a reboot and see if it still won't let you change CPU Freq?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I'll try msm7k again and reboot
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ok tried it again and I can change the cpu freq and with your setting the speed increases but slowly

most of the time it won't go passed 600hmz
    ditto on 849, I got Chuck in my pocket