Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketh View Post
    You're not going to want to do that.

Govnah is just the front end to manipulating the kernel. The fact that you've ran it after booting does nothing but show you what your settings are and lets you change them.
    I realize...

It was really a rhetorical question, because Govnah can't run until Luna has loaded.

So... I repeat... what is it that Govnah is doing in order to set Westwood and, especially, Anticipatory???

I would like those commands in a SCRIPT at boot, as Rod suggested.

The Unset CFQ patch *does NOT* keep Anticipatory set at boot. So, codecrumb's suggestion is not the answer.

I need to know the commands that Govnah is running when it sets the Anticipatory IO Scheduler and Westwood TCP Algorithm.
    I'm using 8mb, and all is running well. Not noticing much difference between 8 and 16 though. But now its time to update to newest warthog with 849mhz!! Hopefully it doesn't "eat my phone"
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    849mhz ON and running
    Did a quick switch over to Warthog and phone froze/reboot with 820.8 and up. All other settings besides max freq left untouched.
    I want to say thanks to all you guys for the great help with tinkering. You have really saved my phone. I am not very inclined when it comes to this sorta thing and am surprised that I haven't thrown it out the window!

Once again thanks guys!
    tried 849. Phone wouldn't wake up. Had to remove battery. I'll give it another go in a minute!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I tried 1.2GhZ on my Pre and it wouldn't boot. Totally irrelevant though :P
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    had it on for 2 hours already... working great
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    had it on for 2 hours already... working great
    I experienced true speed at 849!!.....for about 20 seconds . You using same parameters as UK? Just curious.
    I'm going back to UK @ 806. Tried 849 3x. All tests were great while screen stayed on. When I went into sleep mode, it caused the os to hang and reboot (either the os rebooted, or I had to physically remove the battery). Guess my phone just can't handle it. :-P
    Last edited by pezman726; 02/10/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    I experienced true speed at 849!!.....for about 20 seconds . You using same parameters as UK? Just curious.
    warthog is humming... love it my settings are (sprint Pixi)

Governor: ondemandtcl
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 849 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 50 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 2 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    compcache enabled: false
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Cubic
  12. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    warthog is humming... love it my settings are (sprint Pixi)

Governor: ondemandtcl
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 849 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 50 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 2 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    compcache enabled: false
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Cubic
    what temperatures are you getting?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkr View Post
    what temperatures are you getting?
    about the same 99/100 degrees with heavy use

and on the touchstone it never got higher then 95 degrees
    @pezman726 - you on Verizon??
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    @pezman726 - you on Verizon??
    Nope, I'm on att.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    anybody else having luck with the warthog???
    Alright guys,

We have like forty something pages of posts here. I my self am pretty computer literate, however I cannot find any instructions on how to over clock my pixi.

alot of the terms are being thrown around and i am not really sure where to start ( govnah, kernal, warthog) could someone please be kind enough to post a step by step? Assuming that we have preware already installed and such.

Thank you again in advance for everyones help in making the pixi even more powerful than it is
  18.    #958  
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma1041 View Post
    Alright guys,

We have like forty something pages of posts here. I my self am pretty computer literate, however I cannot find any instructions on how to over clock my pixi.

alot of the terms are being thrown around and i am not really sure where to start ( govnah, kernal, warthog) could someone please be kind enough to post a step by step? Assuming that we have preware already installed and such.

Thank you again in advance for everyones help in making the pixi even more powerful than it is
    The latest version of the Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the official app catalog has full instructions (including screenshots) on how to overclock the Pixi.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The latest version of the Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the official app catalog has full instructions (including screenshots) on how to overclock the Pixi.

-- Rod
    ok....anyway to view on my pc? or do i download that app?

and can the oringal pixi handle it or can is it only for pixi +
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    the app is a great tool so you can overclock your phone safely and it has all the answers you might have. I have
    the OG pixi from sprint and have it overclocked