Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Make that 45% threshold...

I was testing with that... but assumed 70% would be OK... but a more "power-friendly" up threshold is needed, I guess.

Still more tested needed.

I get pretty similar playback with the 3 better "tickle" settings... 1,4.. 1,5... 2,4.... and the 3 various tcp algorithms I posted... but they're never real consistent. Sometimes they do better with 0, 8, 16mb compcache... but dunno for sure.

I've just gotta focus on these settings some more when I get a chance later.
    that's one problem I'm dealing with, consistancy...
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    went back to my old setting but using 8MB

Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Cubic
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 60 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 3 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    compcache enabled: true
    compache mem limit: 8MB

and it's great battery lasting longer... this is the first day with zero problems
    I'll keep the setting for 2 more days and report back
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I thought of 8mb of compcache because I tried 24mb basied on someone's suggestion and it felt more sluggish.
    Then thought... Well half of 16 is 8 times 1024 is 8192....
    It's nice because it makes it snappier... The whole point of compcache in the first place... But because it's smaller when it fills up it's faster to flush and hence the lag is less... Like I said in my earlier post I tried just rapid fire opening apps to see what it would do and I got up to 8 open before it even flinched... And then it only lagged as the app opened... Then once open the ui lag was gone again... I got up to 12 apps open and stopped... Since I never imagine a time I might really do that.

Thanks Rod for adding that so quick to Govnah for others.

@errbin... Sorry I ment to post that about disabling the cache (setting to 0) and then applying before setting limit to 8192 and renabling (setting to 1) and applying... And after Rod just reminded us all a few posts ago too!
    i oc my piyi today. I have a german gsm o2 pixi. I am running odt 806. (with its default settings)

i can report, that with palm default i could only open angry birds, when nothing else was opened, now i can start it even with many card opened up. Youtube is faster and smooth. Biggest advantage: the music player slowed everthing down on my pixi, now everything operates still smooth.

temp: 27 - 34 C
    i will test it later with youtube, music player, angrybrids and mailsynch at the same time running for an hour.

one question: is palm default always at 600 mhz, even when idle?
    Last edited by DirkGently; 01/30/2011 at 06:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    idk. Mine would freeze up from time to time, if I let it sit long enough it would go back to normal. Maybe that was causing extra strain on the battery? Who knows. I'll I know is using warthog did drain my battery faster.
    Your pixi might have a smaller battery. After 9 months of heavy usage mine is around 75% of original capacity. My dad's after 6 months of light usage is somewhere around 85%.

Are you looking directly at mA used?
    my pixi plus drains around 7mA in idle mode. (if govnah is correct)
    am I the oy person that gets problems when I switch my scheduler to anticipatory? It gets all laggy and slow, but cfq has been working great for me.
    Last edited by brandonwado; 01/30/2011 at 07:26 PM.
    yeah cfq seems to work the best for me too the only problem Ive had is it overheats and locks up if I have a lot going on but cfq definitely seems to be faster than anticipatory.
    I disagree, I've had great results with Anticipatory. Although, the difference between the two for me have been minimal, but I still prefer it over CFQ.
    make sure you turn logging as much as possible

1) install end overlord monitoring
    2) install muffle patch
    3) ##LOGS#, clear logs and set to minimal logging

the phones by default log way too much
    With those Logging patches installed my phone acts so weird. It lags more than it ever has. That's with the factory kernal doing it's thing too.
    Is it possible for a screenstate for the pixi? Like when the screen is off it go's to 600mz and when it's on it overclocks again. Is that possible for the pixi?
  14.    #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachkon View Post
    Is it possible for a screenstate for the pixi? Like when the screen is off it go's to 600mz and when it's on it overclocks again. Is that possible for the pixi?
    It is possible, but no-one has worked out how to do it, nor done it. It needs different kernel code for Pixi compared to Pre.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is possible, but no-one has worked out how to do it, nor done it. It needs different kernel code for Pixi compared to Pre.

-- Rod
    I'm not sure the benefits out-weigh the task it would be to write a screenstate governor for the Pixi, especially now that new WebOS devices are going to be hitting the seen soon. We have a stable overclock to get us by until we get our new whips, and that's good enough. Good work, everyone. We've always known the Pixi was the little phone that could, and now it does.
    yeah honestly I love my Pixi Plus more than the Pre I've had since launch day, thanks in no small part to the recent overclocking developments.

I'm so happy to escape the faulty sliding mechanism of doom for a nice solid candybar phone with an excellent keyboard.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    OK after testing

Congestion: Cubic
    up threshold: 60 %
    max tickle window: 3 Sec

for 3 days these setting ran great ZERO problems battery lasted 12 hours
    with moderate use, but only lasted about 7-8 hours with heavy use

after reading a couple of post on others setting I decided to try the following

Congestion: Bic
    up threshold: 50 %
    max tickle window: 1 Sec

switch it over yesterday evening today will be the first whole day with the
    settings again I'll give it 3 whole days before reporting back

but from what I experience yesterday messing with it for about 4 hours
    it's quicker, smoother, and opens apps quicker plus opens my camera faster
    Hey errbin, how 'bout Youtube on that setup. I'm working now but will test it in an hour.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanbowles90 View Post
    Hey errbin, how 'bout Youtube on that setup. I'm working now but will test it in an hour.
    on the first setting
    if the video was HD it worked great
    some of the others were a little off sic but not bad

I haven't tried viewing any videos with the last settings yet
    Thanks for the reply. I'm testing it now.