Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Also trying out Errbins settings. Thus far I'm still thinking Uber Kernel is more suitable for the public, as I've already noticed a jitteryness in my UI with Warthog.

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    let me know how 8mb works out.
    Just so you know, I am becoming a fan of the 8mb, as I think it is easier on the RAM, Apps seem to be opening faster... could be a pure placebo effect, though.
    Well I dont know if I like the msm7k governor, but it definitely works better when the io scheduler set to antipicatory. Makes it much smoother, I have it set to 480mhz min and 806max, anything less is not bareable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketh View Post
    Also trying out Errbins settings. Thus far I'm still thinking Uber Kernel is more suitable for the public, as I've already noticed a jitteryness in my UI with Warthog.

Just so you know, I am becoming a fan of the 8mb, as I think it is easier on the RAM, Apps seem to be opening faster... could be a pure placebo effect, though.
    haven't noticed any jitteryness with the warthog. But yet typing this its having a hard time keeping up with the text I type as I'm receiving text messages. I'll try out 8mb to see if its any better.
    haven't noticed any jitteryness with the warthog. But yet typing this its having a hard time keeping up with the text I type as I'm receiving text messages. I'll try out 8mb to see if its any better.
    can't get manual settings to stick. Might be because I'm using warthog?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    its in bytes, so no its only 8MB which I totally forgot about these manual settings, would make compcache tweaking awesome. Cuz limiting lower than 16MB I think would be beneficial for our RAM starved phones and this helps control it, will give this profile a shot and let ya know compared to .. compcache off and my current settings.

Ahhh.... no **** totally forget you could set manual below 16MB

might try it
    warthog = batteryhog

side by side. 2 pixi's. Same programs. Same profiles. One on Uberkernel one on Warthog. Warthog is deff. A battery hog! With not enough performance to justify it. Sorry codecrumb
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    can't get manual settings to stick. Might be because I'm using warthog?

just tried it on mine wasn't setting either then I rememebered
    I had to turn off the compcache to 0 before changing the memlimit to 8192
    then turning the compcache back to 1 when done

so I'm running

Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Westwood
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.1 Sec
    up threshold: 75 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 2 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    compcache enabled: true
    compache mem limit:8 MB
  8.    #848  
    We can add an 8MB compcache option to Govnah if people think it is useful.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    please do!!!!
    I say more testing... At least over the weekend.
  11.    #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Govnah 0.7.24 in the testing feed now has an 8MB compcache option.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    wow... You're quick
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    updated and running
    ... I admit... It seems, spunky.
    Much agreed. I now don't notice any lag while say typing a text and getting a notification from another app, etc etc.

As far as for me, it's perfect. I don't leave cards open anyways, although now I feel that I could. Thanks for the quick turn around, Rod.
    starting to remind me of my Pre... But with a better keyboard... I'm liking.
    there should be no reason why warthog uses more batt than UK.

UK is derived from warthog. Warthog just turns off additional configs.

hence, it's most likely a usage pattern issue
    What, exactly, were the specific freezing issues with the Warthog kernel?

I have experienced 2 auto-reboots in the last 3 days, trying to nail down why it happened.
    It seemed to be related to trying to open another card/app while another was maybe trying to close.
    idk. Mine would freeze up from time to time, if I let it sit long enough it would go back to normal. Maybe that was causing extra strain on the battery? Who knows. I'll I know is using warthog did drain my battery faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanbowles90 View Post
    No luck...

grndslm what does your complete setup look like?
    Right now, it looks something like this...

Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Veno (Westwood, or Cubic)
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 70 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 1 Sec
    max floor window: 4 Sec
    compcache enabled: false
    compache mem limit:N/A

And just to be clear, I'm just barely capable of getting the YouTube videos to play. I have to use Jason's patch to download the videos first and then the higher quality ones will just barely play. But this setup seems pretty good right now.

1,4 sec.... 1,5 sec... 2,4 sec... seem to be the best for me while watching these vids.

One I'm watching is like 6 min && 30 mb. Veno seems to do the best for me, but cubic and westwood aren't too far behind.

Just as soon as one notification pops up, it can add significant delay in the vid... but then you can just backswipe on the video and it will rewind like 10 sec or so.