Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1263
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #821  
    codecrumb... While my wifes pixi slows down over time and has inconsistant lag, the new warthog appears to be working much smoother.
  2. #822  
    I have run a few different setups on my Sprint Pixi. All of them seem to have some lag especially when watching Youtube. Youtube just seemed to lag at the video side of things though.

    Anyway I now found a setup that works great for all aspects of my phone.

    profile: ondemandtcl
    min frequency: 122.88 Mhz
    max frequency: 806.4
    sampling rate: .1 sec
    up threshold: 75%
    max tickle: 2 sec
    max floor 3 sec
    compache: enabled
    mem limit: 16 MB
    TCP: Cubic

    That seems to give me a great battery life and very speedy streaming. Assuming you think charging every night is great battery life. I unplug around 6 am and plug in with 15% left around 11 pm.

    Hope that helps!
  3. #823  
    I swapped UK with Warthog yesterday afternoon.

    I ran UK with various settings for over a week and found it to be stable/quick, albeit with slight lag in UI. Only encountered about 2 auto reboots.

    Here are my Warthog settings currently:

    Governor = Ondemand - max freq. 806, up threshold 80%
    Compswap = 24
    I/O = Anticipatory
    TCP = Westwood

    All other parameters unchanged.

    This is about as fast as I have seen mine run. Battery life seems to be no different than with UK and temp is not a problem (but it is winter).

    Going to tinker with it for a week or so and report back. So far, so good.
  4. #824  
    I did have one issue today. When switching my profiles, from one with compcache disabled to one with compcache enabled (the only difference between the two profiles), when I opened the web browser, it was upside down. I tried opening another app, the precentral one that I'm typing on now, it too was upside down. Now this is running the new warthog codecrumb mentioned last page. Wether it has anything to do with that or not, I don't know. It has never happened previously. Had to do a device restart to fix the issue. Opened govnah up and it didn't revert to palm default, so I'm not sure if warthog is to blame.
  5. #825  
    Anyone else having the lagging Youtube problem?

    I own a Sprint Pixi and have relatively good signal (3-5 bars). My Youtube streaming seems to lag on the video part of things. The audio is fine but the picture is 3 or more seconds behind the audio. With the overclocking setup I listed above.

    Anyone know of a way to solve this by tweaking the setup?
  6. #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanbowles90 View Post
    Anyone else having the lagging Youtube problem?

    I own a Sprint Pixi and have relatively good signal (3-5 bars). My Youtube streaming seems to lag on the video part of things. The audio is fine but the picture is 3 or more seconds behind the audio. With the overclocking setup I listed above.

    Anyone know of a way to solve this by tweaking the setup?
    Actually.... yes.

    I think that changing max tickle/floor windows to...

    1/3 seconds
    -or-
    2/4 seconds

    ... will yield a favorable result when using YouTube vids.

    It seems that those are the best two options available. Not sure which one's better out of those two, but two seconds between the two seem to be best. Tickle can't be greater than 3. Floor can't be greater than 4.

    In my experience, of course.

    YouTube vids seem to be a good way to perform stress tests. I watched the "Bird Secks!!!" popular YT video several times to see if I could get it better. Tickle/Floor windows helped a good deal.
  7. #827  
    will try! Definitely having bad audio/video lag with my current settings.
  8. #828  
    Thanks for the quick reply!

    Going under the knife now....
  9. #829  
    Opened govnah up and it didn't revert to palm default, so I'm not sure if warthog is to blame.
    The other day my phone restarted and when I opened Govnah it wasn't on Palm Default. I thought that might have been wrong, but then I also wondered whether it remembers your last setting...that was with UK.
  10. #830  
    No luck...

    grndslm what does your complete setup look like?
  11. #831  
    wow. Sh!t. None of those settings made it any better. The longer the videos go on, the more of a lag between audio and video...
  12. #832  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    The other day my phone restarted and when I opened Govnah it wasn't on Palm Default. I thought that might have been wrong, but then I also wondered whether it remembers your last setting...that was with UK.
    you using uberkernel or warthog?
  13. huyxom's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    you using uberkernel or warthog?
    how to use warthog ? my pixi crash with 806mhz (2 time) on uberkernel

    sr my english is so bad
  14. #834  
    warthog is in the pixi testing feeds.
  15. gfdos.sys's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #835  
    Hello all!
    I did some research on the CPU Freq msm7k showing in Govnah with Warthog.

    msm7k refers to the Qualcomm chip used in some android phones.
    Apparently there are customizations specifically for this chip in a branch of linux kernal, and I'm assuming those are what this CPU Governor is doing.

    Further research found that this is similar to the "conservative" Governor...
    Specifically msm7k scales up slowly as it sees need, rather than racing to the max limit when the % of CPU specified by "Up Threshold" is reached.
    Slower exponential scaling sounds like it would help battery life and temperature as well.

    Thanks to bradenfontaine for mentioning the question mark in post 774. That taught me alot.

    Sprint pixi (minus)
    Baised on recent feed back I have changed my current profile to this:
    msm7k: Min 245760, Max 806400
    compressed swap: enabled = 1, memlimit= 8192
    I/O: Anticipatory
    TCP: Westwood

    This feels much faster, and almost no UI slugishnes.... until I had 8 apps open, there was a little slugishness while the app was opening then it went right away.

    Also my WebOSmark score with this is 334, vs 313 when I was using:
    msm7k: 122.88-806.4
    compressed swap: 16mb
    I/O:cfq
    TCP:cubic

    Try this out and let me know if it works the same for you!
  16. errbin's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #836  
    No youtube delay with my setting

    I'm on Sprint and I run

    Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Westwood
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.1 Sec
    up threshold: 75 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 2 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    compcache enabled: true
    compache mem limit:16 MB
  17. errbin's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    Sprint pixi (minus)
    Baised on recent feed back I have changed my current profile to this:
    msm7k: Min 245760, Max 806400
    compressed swap: enabled = 1, memlimit= 8192
    I/O: Anticipatory
    TCP: Westwood

    This feels much faster, and almost no UI slugishnes.... until I had 8 apps open, there was a little slugishness while the app was opening then it went right away.

    Also my WebOSmark score with this is 334, vs 313 when I was using:
    msm7k: 122.88-806.4
    compressed swap: 16mb
    I/O:cfq
    TCP:cubic

    Try this out and let me know if it works the same for you!

    isn't memlimit= 8192 a little high of setting?

    how long have you had this setting on your phone?
  18. #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    isn't memlimit= 8192 a little high of setting?

    how long have you had this setting on your phone?
    its in bytes, so no its only 8MB which I totally forgot about these manual settings, would make compcache tweaking awesome. Cuz limiting lower than 16MB I think would be beneficial for our RAM starved phones and this helps control it, will give this profile a shot and let ya know compared to .. compcache off and my current settings.
  19. #839  
    careful when using manual settings. Errbin I'll give your settings a shot casue I'm still not content with mine.
  20. #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    its in bytes, so no its only 8MB which I totally forgot about these manual settings, would make compcache tweaking awesome. Cuz limiting lower than 16MB I think would be beneficial for our RAM starved phones and this helps control it, will give this profile a shot and let ya know compared to .. compcache off and my current settings.

    let me know how 8mb works out.

Posting Permissions