Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    well put. And you may be right. If that is the case, then we need to find a way to make it run smoother @ this speed.

the OnDemandTcl 806 is doing a good job as far as I can tell. But it hasn't even been 24 hours since I started running it.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    no he has it on and set to 16
    Why does my phone reboot or freeze IF I set it at 16 Mb
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    using these setting right now. As for web browsing it's supurb, but UI lag is gone almost to a crawl...
    I've been switching Scheduler and Congestion setting

right now testing since yesterday

Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Reno
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 60 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 2 Sec
    max floor window: 2 Sec
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 24 MB

then I'll try OnDemandTcl 806 on Monday and keep on my phone for 72 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Well using no swap is best, but you cant run these phones without some sort of swap =P
    Yes you can. No more lags then, but they turn very very very slow when the memory is full.

so minimal is optimal. and the sched params that seem to work best are or are not implemented in the newest Uberkernel?
    Is there a GUI-based swap adjuster? I manually exchanged the swap-partition for a 50MB swap-file, but sometimes need more, e.g. for web surfing.
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    I've been switching Scheduler and Congestion setting

right now testing since yesterday

Congestion: Reno
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 60 %
    max tickle window: 2 Sec
    max floor window: 2 Sec
    compcache memlimit: 24 MB

then I'll try OnDemandTcl 806 on Monday and keep on my phone for 72 hours
    Thank you so much!!!

I have been using my new Pixi for about 2 days and it's almost unusable as stock. I've missed more than half the calls that have come to me, and it's so difficult to even message somebody when the messaging app is flashing at me.

These Govnah settings have definitely saved me from tossing this phone on eBay now.

I finally have no beef with this phone. Just have to test battery life out myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketh View Post
    Here are my settings currently, I've been tweaking them, and I'm satisfied with this setup:

Governor: ondemandctl
    Min Freq: 122.88MHz
    MaxFreq: 806.4MHz
    Sampling Rate: 0.2 Sec
    Up Threshold: 65%
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Compressed Swap: 16MB
    I/O Sched: Anticipatory
    TCP Congestion: Cubic

I am going on 48 hours with these settings, I like. I do notice a very slight drag in UI, but not worth mentioning. Thanks a bunch for testing this out and posting it.
    I'm so happy with this overclocking! I opened preware and saw that uberkernal had an update, and was ecstatic. I didn't ever think this kernal was going to make it into preware. I've been running 806mhz for about the past 6 hours and everything seems so much faster and smoother.
  8.    #728  
    Note that the donation address for WebOS Internals is:

http://donate.webos-internals.org/

For those that find the Pixi overclocking useful, this is an appropriate way to show your thanks ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Mt first post. I've had my pixi+ (Verizon) for just about a month (got it for the free Hotspot but I'm now a firm WebOS convert) and jumped right into patching it. I've been using Sketh's settings for a couple of days now. Rock steady, no freezes or reboots though I use Preset Reset to restart the phone daily.

Hello Rod, I lived in Adelaide for 10 years when I was a kid, in Glenelg.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    I am going on 48 hours with these settings, I like. I do notice a very slight drag in UI, but not worth mentioning. Thanks a bunch for testing this out and posting it.
    I'm getting about 48 hours as well, and that's with frequent use and checking out Preware, etc. Glad it's working well for someone else. I've also started setting it to a "Night Mode" where I severely underclock it while I'm sleeping. That's given me about half a day longer than just leaving it on that profile I posted.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Congestion: Cubic
    sampling rate: 0.1 Sec
    up threshold: 40 %
    max tickle window: 3 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    compcache memlimit: 16 MB

Ive been running these settings this whole week. I havent had any ui lag and everything runs smoothly. Even with messasging photos and facebook and web on.

also i get about 18 hours of battery life.

--------------------

Now im testing some new settings im gonna see how these good after runing a few manual test seems to be really fast camera app opens super fast and photos and web loads quick. Menu functions dont lag. After 24 hours ill post my settings make sure there good see my battery life.
    Last edited by giggles; 01/22/2011 at 03:38 PM.
    my pixi doesn NOT like running Noop whatsoever. With every kind of setup it freezes and glitches horribly. Has anyone else found this or is my Pixi just a moody mofo?
    Hey is their a way to set my pixi plus to overclock to 800 when the screen is on and when the screen is off it goes to 600 or something like that. Im trying to keep my phone fast but save battery at the same time. thanks
    *Black Star*
  14.    #734  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachkon View Post
    Hey is their a way to set my pixi plus to overclock to 800 when the screen is on and when the screen is off it goes to 600 or something like that. Im trying to keep my phone fast but save battery at the same time. thanks
    There is not. No-one has written a screenstate governor for the Pixi hardware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ok thanks
    *Black Star*
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is not. No-one has written a screenstate governor for the Pixi hardware.

-- Rod
    Perhaps a donation drive is in order to procure such a governor. The way I see it is that my Pixi+ already has outstanding battery life with my posted profile, but if I could use a screen state mode instead of ondemand, that would greatly increase both performance and battery life.

Who was tasked with the Screenstate for the Pre?
    I would so donate for that!!
    *Black Star*
    I would donate for the screenstate mode!
    We have gotten this far so why not try for a screenstate mode!!
    I will donate as much as i can for this
    *Black Star*
    Forgive my ignorance of all these things. I am interested in overclocking my Pixi, is this process meant to eventually lead to a simple kernel patch/install that will take care of all these settings automatically for people like me who aren't as smart as the rest of you?