Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 1263
Like Tree3Likes
  1. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #701  
    Has anybody experienced any issues of marginal cell reception when running the UK (old public release or new one?)?

    I ask because when I am in not excellent but normal areas of coverage (3 bars average) and running UK my pixi states 3-4 bars. I can make calls no problem, but when I browse the net, after about 5 seconds, my bars drop to zero and my page stops loading.

    This didn't happen before running UK, but may be incidental. I did update network settings and PRL. I just went back to stock and will report back if I see a difference.

    Thanks for any responses
    Last edited by Rkguy; 01/14/2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: bad enleesh
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  2. #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Has anybody experienced any issues of marginal cell reception when running the UK (old public release or new one?)?

    I ask because when I am in not excellent but normal areas of coverage (could of bars, 3 average) and running UK my pixi states 3-4 bars. I can makes calls no problem, but when I browse the net, after about 5 seconds, my bars drop to zero and my page stops loading.

    This didn't happen before running UK, but may be incidental. I did update network settings and PRL. I just went back to stock and will report back if I see a difference.

    Thanks for any responses
    none on my end
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  3. #703  
    I dont experience this either.
  4. #704  
    Nope none here as well.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  5. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #705  
    Yah I am still having the issue without UK. Definitely unrelated. Thanks everybody.

    Still. Surprised as to how much my signal bounces between no bars and 4 bars. Weird... Thanks again. I am thinking about swapping the back plate from the vz phone when I "+" my pixi

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  6. errbin's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #706  
    OK after a couple days of messing with setting for UberKernel/Pixi 1.4.5-157

    I finally found one that didn't reboot my phone or freeze it up


    Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: noop
    Congestion: westwood
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.1 Sec
    up threshold: 80 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 1 Sec
    max floor window: 1 Sec
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 24 MB


    the major change was compcache whenever I had it on and set at 16 MB
    it would reboot my phone IF I set it at anything over 600 MHz

    when I set it too 24 MB it worked great I only had one reboot
    and that's when I changed the up threshold: 60%
    it cuased it to freeze but changing it back to 80% stopped that

    the only problem is battery life seems to eat it quick
  7. #707  
    might try those settings and see how they do. Can't find a good setting that doesn't bogg down after 15 minutes of heavy use. Never bounces back. Have to do a luna restart. Thinking something is clogging up somewhere.
  8. #708  
    Yeah, take note of your swap usage after that heavy 15mins. Once swap usage starts climbing these phones slow down period. Even on stock kernel w/ stock swap settings.
    Also, the swap rarely decreases in size through no use of the device. It basically doesnt let go of pages not being used by the system, unless there is a luna restart or a phone reboot.

    Being that our devices are slow when it comes to IO and its processor is pretty dang slow at decompressing / compressing into a compressed RAM swap...there isnt much to do except update to 512MB of RAM and this should increase prolonged normal usage ALOT, but of course we have no option to do that =(
  9. #709  
    so was it ever decided how much swap if any at all is best?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  10. #710  
    Well using no swap is best, but you cant run these phones without some sort of swap =P
  11. #711  
    so minimal is optimal. and the sched params that seem to work best are or are not implemented in the newest Uberkernel?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  12. #712  
    I hink they are, or at least closely the same. It was warthog vs stock / uberkernel for the most part where the differences were.
  13. #713  
    are they limiting to 800mhz. or is Rob and the guys working to push faster? i know a lot of people are just like 'oh i can go faster?! whats an alpha tester?' but there are ppl out there with the willingness and knowledge and motivation to keep pushing. im one of those if its possible. if not, then i can be happy @ 800mhz.
    Last edited by bradenfontaine; 01/18/2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: clarification
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  14. #714  
    I'm willing to try higher freq. Since I've had no reboot or temp issues yet and have been using oc since it came up on the test feeds
  15. #715  
    the problem i think Rob was having was no one was listening. its collaboration and repeatable circumstances in controlled environments. which not enough people were doing. granted a lot of advancements happened... im just wondering if its going to go any further.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  16. #716  
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    OK after a couple days of messing with setting for UberKernel/Pixi 1.4.5-157

    I finally found one that didn't reboot my phone or freeze it up


    Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: noop
    Congestion: westwood
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.1 Sec
    up threshold: 80 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 1 Sec
    max floor window: 1 Sec
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 24 MB


    the major change was compcache whenever I had it on and set at 16 MB
    it would reboot my phone IF I set it at anything over 600 MHz

    when I set it too 24 MB it worked great I only had one reboot
    and that's when I changed the up threshold: 60%
    it cuased it to freeze but changing it back to 80% stopped that

    the only problem is battery life seems to eat it quick
    using these setting right now. As for web browsing it's supurb, but UI lag is gone almost to a crawl...
  17. #717  
    Here are my settings currently, I've been tweaking them, and I'm satisfied with this setup:

    Governor: ondemandctl
    Min Freq: 122.88MHz
    MaxFreq: 806.4MHz
    Sampling Rate: 0.2 Sec
    Up Threshold: 65%
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Compressed Swap: 16MB
    I/O Sched: Anticipatory
    TCP Congestion: Cubic


    Minor UI lag, mostly negligible, but everything runs smoothly plus battery lasts just as long, if not longer, than on the stock kernel.
  18. errbin's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #718  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketh View Post
    Here are my settings currently, I've been tweaking them, and I'm satisfied with this setup:

    Governor: ondemandctl
    Min Freq: 122.88MHz
    MaxFreq: 806.4MHz
    Sampling Rate: 0.2 Sec
    Up Threshold: 65%
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Compressed Swap: 16MB
    I/O Sched: Anticipatory
    TCP Congestion: Cubic


    Minor UI lag, mostly negligible, but everything runs smoothly plus battery lasts just as long, if not longer, than on the stock kernel.

    do you have compcache set to false???
  19. #719  
    no he has it on and set to 16
  20. boyer61's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #720  
    I personally think 800MhZ is enough.

    Think of it this way, the faster you engine in your car rotates, the more power it can make. But it reaches a point where it peaks, and anything past that point will do nothing but hurt your car. IE: blow it up.

    I think the Pixi has reached that peak, and pushing the underpowered hardware anymore will just cause problems.

Posting Permissions