Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    As long as anything except the warthogs kernel parms go into it. Otherwise its not ready.
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    As long as anything except the warthogs kernel parms go into it. Otherwise its not ready.
    Sorry, I'm not able to clearly parse that. Are you saying that UberKernel (not warthog) as it stands today is or is not ready?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I believe he's saying that with the parmeters that are in Uber right now, it's stable enough to be public. But with warthogs parmeters it isnt

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  4.    #684  
    UberKernel/Pixi 1.4.5-157 is now in the testing feed, with 806MHz overclocking available.

This is a public release candidate.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel/Pixi 1.4.5-157 is now in the testing feed, with 806MHz overclocking available.

This is a public release candidate.

-- Rod

YES!!!

now I can't wait until I get off of work to get it on my phone
    already installed, it's a so niiiiice
  7. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I would like to thank everyone for the hard work on the kernel. I can't wait to install it tonight! Does it have any negative effects on the battery or is the charge just as bad as it is on default?

What settings are you all using for the profile btw?
    Im disabled my startup kernel parameters and am running the new uberkernel .. will report later...if there are any changes from what I was running previously (warthog w/ kernel paramters)
    I'm running stock profile with compcache @ 16mb and oc @ 806
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    anybody have a good setting for the UberKernel/Pixi 1.4.5-157???

any I should avoid?
    Can anybody give me a Good Setting for Uberkernel for 806 overclocking. Right now im overclocking 787, but i wanna take it to the next level
    I had an odd experience the other day... After not being able to sleep and playing angry birds for like, 1.5 hours straight my phone started freezing and eventually it shut down. I restarted it, and noticed that the last level i had beat disappeared. I finally fell asleep. woke up in the morning to find that all my alarm settings were gone, all govnah settings were gone, weather apps didnt have my zip code anymore, and whenever i plugged my phone in, it would power down! I figured something with the kernel must've got messed up (because that's really the only thing I had changed), so I reverted to stock, and everything was working fine (settings still missing though). I was able to plug the phone in without it shutting down. Re-Installed UK, and it's been running fine since. Somehow, something must have got messed up in my lengthy angry birds session, memory usage caused something to get corrupted.

Lengthy story, but it happened to me, and uninstalling/reinstalling UK seems to have fixed the problem.

I don't think this is an UK problem, because I haven't had a single problem with it in over a month. I just installed the update, and will give it a go!
    That is a very odd incident. Mine has shown nothing of the sort thus far on the new uberkernel. Its running great on stock settings w/o kernel parameters, probably because they are vastly the same from what I was using on warthog before.
    The only problem I seem to notice so far, is my battery life isnt as great as it was w/ warthog...but this requires more then just one days testing, so will report more results later.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    That is a very odd incident. Mine has shown nothing of the sort thus far on the new uberkernel.
    Oh, I agree. Like I said, I don't think it had anything to do with UK. I think it was more to do with something just getting corrupt somehow! No clue how. But i think the thing that got messed up was the kernel (or whatever other files get intalled...i don't know how all that works...i never paid attention in my OS class when we were building linux kernels).

again, to reiterate... don't think it was a kernel issue, but the issue ended up corrupting the kernel!
  15. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    what are kernel parameters? I am holding off on installing until I know what to set everything at in Govnah
    Lkr,

Take a look a few pages back at all the govnah dumps that people have posted.

my settings are:
    ondemandctl
    min 320mhz
    max 806.4
    sampling rate 0.1sec
    up threshold 65%
    compcache enabled at 16mb

IO scheduler Anticipatory
    TCP congestion CUBIC

are these the best...i dunno, because i'm still playing around with it. Test stuff out, and see what works best for you, and then report back with your findings!
    all other settings left alone
  17. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Lkr,

Take a look a few pages back at all the govnah dumps that people have posted.

my settings are:
    ondemandctl
    min 320mhz
    max 806.4
    sampling rate 0.1sec
    up threshold 65%
    compcache enabled at 16mb

IO scheduler Anticipatory
    TCP congestion CUBIC

are these the best...i dunno, because i'm still playing around with it. Test stuff out, and see what works best for you, and then report back with your findings!
    all other settings left alone
    What temperature are you getting on load? I went to 53
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I can't seem to find a setting over 748 that doesn't cause my phone to reboot
    tried most of the setting on here but my phone either gets very sluggest or it reboots
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    I personally think it is. I haven't experienced any odd issues or crashes. All i'm saying is from personal experience it feels stable to me.
    I think it is, sorry I've been gone for awhile, between school and work very little time to post, I've been using the uber version and I have had absolutly no issues, I still lag with WH but havn't used it for over a month so I dont have any usefull data on that. I am currently running at 806.4 and it runs just fine. I would say this is ready to go
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This is great news, I have noticed the Pixi has been getting a lot of buzz lately... once overclocked this phone has a lot of potential.