Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1263
Like Tree3Likes
  1. boyer61's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #661  
    Dc,
    Have you tried the stock parameters? Those make it much more smoother.

    I still think the Warthog 806, with the stock parm is the best setting. Bu i don't have another Pixi to test it out, but switching from stock to warthog seems like night and say.

    Merry Christmas to all!

    This year has flown by!
  2. #662  
    boyer: yea I have. Makes no difference @ 806 mhz. I can tell a difference @ 787 though.
  3. #663  
    I went back to Uber @ 787 mhz for a few days. I immediately noticed a big difference. So can someone tell me the major differences between the two? I know Warthog is bare bones kernel and Uber being the feature rich version, but as far as structure goes - what's the difference?
  4. boyer61's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #664  
    I too have been using Uber and seen a pretty big difference.
  5. #665  
    Damn this thread has gone to hell. That's really too bad. Hopefully it'll pick up after the holidays. I'm looking forward to learning a hell of a lot more.
  6. #666  
    is there gunna be any new development on this is it being dropped? Cuz I still love my pixi but I want it to be faster!!!!
  7.    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by dktfstr View Post
    is there gunna be any new development on this is it being dropped? Cuz I still love my pixi but I want it to be faster!!!!
    There are two overclocking kernels for the Pixi in testing. Warthog and UberKernel.

    I have not yet seen the community of alpha testers come together and determine exactly under which conditions they see improvement and which conditions are worse. I see a number of people making an effort to report useful experimental results, but other people are saying the effects are placebo only. That is not conducive to continued development. You can't use the results of an experiment to improve something if they results are all over the place.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/03/2011 at 08:44 PM.
  8. #668  
    Just to get on board with WebOS while I wait for new devices, I bought a used Palm Pixi Plus. Though I am very impressed by the form-factor and by WebOS (it's better than I thought), it does slug up pretty easily. Please continue figuring out this Pixi overclock, and thank you all for your efforts.
  9. #669  
    Rod, did the results from "Pixi Overclocking Test" a few pages back help you any? If not, could you specify exactly what you need? I have a general idea of what you want, but want to make sure.

    Also could you point me to a paper or topic to learn more? I've done some research on my own but was hoping you had a great one in mind. Thanks
  10. deeg's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #670  
    does anyone have all these kernals for the pixi that were removed from www?

    like sr71 f105?

    it wud be much appreciated
  11. #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by deeg View Post
    does anyone have all these kernals for the pixi that were removed from www?

    like sr71 f105?

    it wud be much appreciated
    Those are not available for the Pixi.

    If you look up above to post #668, you will see the following posted:

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There are two overclocking kernels for the Pixi in testing. Warthog and UberKernel.

    I have not yet seen the community of alpha testers come together and determine exactly under which conditions they see improvement and which conditions are worse. I see a number of people making an effort to report useful experimental results, but other people are saying the effects are placebo only. That is not conducive to continued development. You can't use the results of an experiment to improve something if they results are all over the place.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/08/2011 at 03:51 AM.
  12. #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There are two overclocking kernels for the Pixi in testing. Warthog and UberKernel.
    haha i know that. but i just want them to be faster lol
  13. #673  
    just gimme the 897 mhz kernel!!! Lol
  14. #674  
    The SR71 is a pre overclock not a pixi. The pixi overclock is only to 800mhz.
  15. #675  
    Saw there is a new version of warthog kernel in test feed, anyone know the changes? They were not stated. Its version 139...
  16. boyer61's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #676  
    Still feel like the same Warthog Kernel. i've been using Uber for a while now..
  17. #677  
    I think it said there was an updated compcache, I may be wrong tho
  18. #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Still feel like the same Warthog Kernel. i've been using Uber for a while now..
    same here. It's a night and day difference for me.
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCaprice View Post
    same here. It's a night and day difference for me.
    Is the current UberKernel/Pixi suitable for a public release, or are results still mixed for it?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. boyer61's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Is the current UberKernel/Pixi suitable for a public release, or are results still mixed for it?

    -- Rod
    I personally think it is. I haven't experienced any odd issues or crashes. All i'm saying is from personal experience it feels stable to me.

Posting Permissions