Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Sorry if this was already answered but how much does this overclocking help the phone with handling multiple apps at one time and the supposed lag that the pixi sometimes has?
    just changed the kernel parameters and bam smooth as a babies bottom, thank you gen tarkin.

proc_version: Linux version 2.6.24-palm-chuck (v1.4.5-133@org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-pixi) (gcc version 4.2.1 (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q3-51)) #2 PREEMPT Sat Nov 20 06:29:54 UTC 2010
    Current:

From Service:
    Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: anticipatory
    Congestion: cubic
    min freq: 600 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.1 Sec
    up threshold: 65 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 2 Sec
    max floor window: 2 Sec
    compcache enabled: false
    compcache memlimit: 16 MB

Files:

cpufreq_file
    description "Govnah Settings"

start on stopped finish

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

echo -n 'ondemandtcl' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '600000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '806400' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo -n '100000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/sampling_rate
    echo -n '65' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/up_threshold
    echo -n '0' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/ignore_nice_load
    echo -n '0' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/powersave_bias
    echo -n '2000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/max_tickle_window
    echo -n '2000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/max_floor_window

end script

compcache_file
    cat: can't open '/var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.govnah-compcache': No such file or directory

Profiles:

(22) Oc perf
    Governor: performance
    min freq: 787.2 MHz
    max freq: 787.2 MHz
    compcache enabled: true
    (23) Uber 1
    (25) Fixed Speed 600 v7
    max freq: 600 MHz
    (26) Palm Default v7
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 600 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 80 %
    max tickle window: 3 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    (28) 480
    min freq: 480 MHz
    max freq: 480 MHz
    (29) 320
    min freq: 320 MHz
    max freq: 320 MHz
    (30) 748
    min freq: 748.8 MHz
    max freq: 748.8 MHz
    (31) 768
    min freq: 768 MHz
    max freq: 768 MHz
    (32) 787
    (34) E240
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    (35) Jeff
    (36) Jeff w/o comp
    (37) 123

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi
    Good to hear that the sched parameters are helping others too- perhaps either incorporating these parameters into UberKernel/ Warthog, or putting a little how-to in the first post of the thread would be a good plan.
    Hey I have been checking this thread for a while now, and I see you guys are working on 800 Overclock. I was wondering if the 700, is stable. I don't want to go over 787, I don't want my Phone to melt in my hand lol. Soooo can anyone can give me Instuctions on how to overclock to 700? Thanks
    your phone won't melt lol, I've never had a crash and have been running 800 since the day it was available. And I use my phone constantly
    Ok awesome, can I have instructions on how to do this? I'm a noob at this stuff. Lol
    Read through the thread- all the information you need is there. If you're unwilling or unable to do that, then you probably shouldn't be using potentially dangerous alpha-testing kernels.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    well I am experinced in the stock kernal, and I am fully awear of the bad stuff happening to this phone. I am ready to docter, if needed to. I just need careful insturctions on how to install properly. I know how to set the settings. Thanks lol
    does the parameter change, described by gentarkin stay after reboot or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by machjeff1985 View Post
    does the parameter change, described by gentarkin stay after reboot or no?
    If you script it to take place on boot, then yes it does happen...otherwise no, if you are just injecting the parameters into the /proc on the fly.
    Read back a few pages- I asked Gen about it and he gave detailed instructions on it.
    What is this thread about? I thought it was to overvlock the pixi past 600 which i can't do with uberkernal? Is there another way to do so? And do i need anything other than webosquickinstall and webosdoctor? I read back a few pages and am totally lost with what you guys are talking about.
    TENNESSEE TITANS|PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
    Read from the start. The kernels with overclocking capability are in the testing feeds.
    is this kernal ever going to be stable enough for preware? I want to overclock, but from what I've read here, I can't be sure it will really help. The statistics seem very insufficiant.
  15.    #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwado View Post
    is this kernal ever going to be stable enough for preware? I want to overclock, but from what I've read here, I can't be sure it will really help. The statistics seem very insufficiant.
    That's exactly the reason why it is not in Preware yet. The alpha testers have not provided us with clear results.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That's exactly the reason why it is not in Preware yet. The alpha testers have not provided us with clear results.

-- Rod
    exactly! I'm just curious if anyone knows any general time frame for when it will be ready? A few people asked a few pages back, but never got an answer.
  17.    #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwado View Post
    exactly! I'm just curious if anyone knows any general time frame for when it will be ready? A few people asked a few pages back, but never got an answer.
    It will be ready once the alpha testers in this thread work out amongst themselves what is different about their settings or usage patterns which is causing the differing results.

It's very difficult to optimise something where the results from the testers are not showing clear causalities.

-- Rod
    Right, in that case I suggest we perform a study of sorts; All the Alpha Testers should attempt running a specific profile on warthog stock, and warthog with Gen's stock sched parameters, then report back a certain set of data, such as WebOSMark Scores, UI smoothness and the like. This way, every device will be running the exact same settings, and from there we can begin to work out what individual/external variables are causing anomalous results.

To kick things off, I'll specify the profile and the output required in my next post.
    Pixi Overclocking - Organised Test 1
    During this test, each alpha tester will be required to run a predefined Govnah profile and Kernel on their device and report back a certain set of data. The testers will be required to adhere exactly to the settings laid out in this post in order to reduce and/or eliminate any chance of unnecessary anomalies. This way, once we have enough data we can begin to work out external factors that may be causing differing results between each phone.

The testers will be reqired to submit the output data twice- once for the standard Warthog Kernel with no modifications, and one for the Warthog Kernel with GenTarkin's sched modification.

The Profile
    Name: Pixi Overclocking Test 1

Min Freq.: 128.88mhz
    Max Freq.: 806.4mhz
    Sampling Rate: 0.2sec
    Up Threshold: 80%
    Ignore Nice Load: False
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Max Tickle Window: 3 Sec
    Max Floor Window: 3 Sec

Compcache Enabled: True
    Compcache Memlimit: 24MB

I/O Scheduler: CFQ

TCP Congestion: Cubic

The Kernel
    Testers will be required to install Warthog Kernel from the Webos Internals Testing Feeds (Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals) and run it as stock for one day before submitting the first set of data. After that submission, the testers will run it using GenTarkin's sched parameter modifications (http://forums.precentral.net/2770299-post543.html) for one day, and submit their second set of data.

The Data
    Testers will be required to submit the data in the following format:
    Kernel (Warthog Stock, Warthog w/Sched Modification)
    Average WebOSMark Score (Average of 5 scores)
    Amount of Usage (How much was the phone used during the day? Light use? Medium? Heavy?)
    Percent battery used in 8 hours (Reccommended to start fully charged and observe battery level after 8 hours)
    Use of Multitasking (Does the user keep oft-used cards open always, or launch them when needed?)
    Smoothness of transitions (How smooth is the transition between the Govnah main screen and the Govnah profiles screen? Sched settings have great effect on this- sometimes the transition doesn't even render)
    Specific Phone Model (Sprint Pixi, Verizon Pixi Plus, ATT Pixi Plus, O2 Pixi Plus, Etc)
    List Installed Patches
    Notes (Anything the tester wishes to point out or has noticed)
    Generate email output

Any data submitted in the incorrect format will not be accepted- be sure to adhere to the specification.

Good luck, everyone.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 12/13/2010 at 08:28 AM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Could the random results we are getting, be a result of something to do w/ the radio core? maybe somehow either not playing nice w/ an overclocked cpu core or ... I ono something? As far fetched as it sounds..lol