Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Since I am now on 1.4.5 (thanks to the timely ATT update last night), here is an uImage for 1.4.5. Memboot as usual.

Twitter / WartHog Kernel: And here's the #Pixi overc ...
    Is there a HUGE difference between ATT and Sprint kernels?
    Anyway we can test overclocking thru the Kernel Testing Feed?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Is there a HUGE difference between ATT and Sprint kernels?
    No, it should work, but no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Anyway we can test overclocking thru the Kernel Testing Feed?
    Not at this point in the development.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    stu, just memboot. Simple and safer!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have a verizon 1.4.5 and I plan on membooting with the new uinage when I get home
    I am curious, are we seeing lower temps on average because the voltage has been dropped a tad as well?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Have been running the test image on the wifes Sprint Pixi for a couple of hours now. Everything is stable and there is defiantly a noticeable increase in speed. Maximum temp reached is 45c..
    Hey I'm not smart on these kernel stuff but won't Overclocking it too 900 make this heat up the palm pixi faster and hotter than ever before and the battery will drain even faster? I would be amazed if this acttualy improve the battery life and won't heat up the phone. Keep up the good work on testing this. ^-^
    Can someone make a youtube video on how to memboot?
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    I am curious, are we seeing lower temps on average because the voltage has been dropped a tad as well?
    No voltage adjustments possible. Instead google "Race to Idle".

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachkon View Post
    Hey I'm not smart on these kernel stuff but won't Overclocking it too 900 make this heat up the palm pixi faster and hotter than ever before and the battery will drain even faster? I would be amazed if this acttualy improve the battery life and won't heat up the phone. Keep up the good work on testing this. ^-^
    Tanstaffl. However, the power drain increase has been pretty mild. There is always a tradeoff.
    Alright tried the ATT 1.4.5 updated memboot on my Sprint Pixi and still experiencing GUI lag(gets worse over use too) =( thats not there compared to Sprint kernel...So, hopefully this will get into a sprint kernel soon so I can test it then=)

Also, take note the update for 1.4.5 kernel seems to have gotten rid of a lot of frequency selections for me in govnah. I used to have 783mhz now I only have up to 748mhz.
    Last edited by GenTarkin; 10/12/2010 at 10:21 PM.
    I did it thanks to the memboot instructions. I can notice the speed increase but what makes this great is I dont have much lag pulling up the app and getting started typing something. An example is when pulling up sms sometimes it takes awhile to load before you can type. No more waiting
    I have a sprint pixi btw
    So far I'm LOVEING this! My Verizon Pixi+ only says its 748.8mhz but its noticeably faster. I can't wait to see this baby hit 900mhz!

Keep up the good work.
    that-ginzo

Orange LG Envy --> HTC Touch (Vogue) [R.i.P] --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pixi Plus <3
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    What all do I need to do a memboot?? Can i use internalz?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    What all do I need to do a memboot?? Can i use internalz?
    If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't try it.

This thing is Pre-Alpha, at least wait until it hits the test feeds in Preware.
  18.    #58  
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Hopefully it'll hit soon. lol I love my Pixi, but i'll love it more if it's faster!!!
    the new uImage won't memboot for me. I DL'd it twice on 2 different computers. Just to test if my phone was messed up, I booted back into the old (non 1.4.5) kernel, and that was able to boot up just fine, rebooted to get back to UK, then tried v16 again, still a no go. Looking at var/log/messages to see if there's anything good i can send off.
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast