Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Why would it not? A profile is merely a collection of settings, and so far ondemandtcl, cfq and cubic have served me perfectly well.
  2.    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Incidentally (largely aimed at GenTarkin, but feel free to chip in) how does one go about running a script on startup in webos? I've tried using /etc/init.d/ and such, but it never seems to work.
    Govnah puts an upstart script in /var/palm/event.d/

-- Rod
    So I would merely have to add another 'exec' line to that script in order to run whatever I wish on startup?
  4.    #564  
    So I would merely have to add another 'exec' line to that script in order to run whatever I wish on startup?
    You would be advised to create your own script, so that it doesn't get overwritten when you select a Govnah profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hmm, I tried that but it didn't seem to work- is there a specific syntax for writing a script that will run "sysctl -p /media/internal/stockparm.conf" on startup?
    why not try other settings? If the kernel parameters are changed then the settings shouldn't be expected to perform the same?
    Settings such as the TCP and IO handlers? In terms of those, Govnah resets them every reboot, and since i have a daily preset reset it becomes very irritating having to change them on a daily basis.
    If you're referring to the scheduling parameters and really deep linux stuff, I'm not quite on the same level of ninja skill as some members.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Settings such as the TCP and IO handlers? In terms of those, Govnah resets them every reboot, and since i have a daily preset reset it becomes very irritating having to change them on a daily basis.
    If you're referring to the scheduling parameters and really deep linux stuff, I'm not quite on the same level of ninja skill as some members.
    I actually set those parameters up in a script that finishes upon boot as well, that way the TCP and IO parameters are the same!
    Care to enlighten me as to your script setup Gen? I still haven't managed to get the sched stuff working on boot :P
    mine never resets..... I also use preset rest
    Care to enlighten me as to your script setup Gen? I still haven't managed to get the sched stuff working on boot :P
    This is how I have achieved it:

The tcp congestion value is part of sysctl so you could put ... this line in your /media/internal/sysctl.conf file I told you about a few posts back. ( the one that contains your sched parameters)

so at the end of your sysctl.conf file put
    net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = theoneyouwantlistedingovnah

To do the io scheduler, its a little bit different...for some reason I could not find the io scheduler setting in the /proc file system. It was in the /sys file system which cannot be controlled by sysctl.

So, I modified the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
    At the end of all the lines, before exit 0
    I made a new line that say this:

echo ioscheduleryouwantingovnah > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

Also, I use this file to launch my sysctl.conf on bootup.
    By inserting this after the line above:
    sysctl -p /media/internal/sysctl.conf (or whatever you named your scheduler conf file)

Before doing the above steps, I would make sure they actually exist(they should)

by doing cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
    and confirming it ouputs the current scheduler as seen in govnah.

In order to modify the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh you will have to mount the / mounpoint with rw attributes.

To do that:

mount -o remount,rw /

After you are done, either reboot phone or remount it read only:

mount -o remount,ro /

Hope this helps =)
    so i've browsed through this thread and still a little unsure on how to put the WartHog kernel on my pixi.

How do you memboot?
    and where can i get the file from?

i have govnah and preware installed and am currently running uberkernel.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaskin2-6.0 View Post
    so i've browsed through this thread and still a little unsure on how to put the WartHog kernel on my pixi.

How do you memboot?
    and where can i get the file from?

i have govnah and preware installed and am currently running uberkernel.

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    This is how I have achieved it:
    Cheers Gen, much appreciated which Scheduler and Congestion settings do you use anyway? I'll probably do a bit of fiddling over the next few days, but noop and westwood+ always seemed like the most logical to me, though noop made me lag a bit. Might work better with the default sched settings though.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Logical not necessarily the same as actual.

I use anticipatory and cubic
    Very true. TCP Congestion is meant to affect data speed and efficiency I presume? I've been trying out the schedulers this evening and haven't seen a massive amount of difference, so i'm currently on cfq/westwood.
    I dont think you will see much of a difference..I havent, but I do know that noop is supposed to be easier on SSD based devices.

I use noop and cubic.
    any word on what's causing the ui lag?
    I believe it's the sched parameters- read a few pages back- GenTarkin posted how to setup the sched parameters, and it's fixed the lag for me.
    I'm going to give that a shot see how that works for me