Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hey Rod,

What exactly will Crypto support for TrueCrypt get me? I was reading about TrueCrypt on their website, will it be possible to do all that on my pixi??
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Hey Rod,

What exactly will Crypto support for TrueCrypt get me? I was reading about TrueCrypt on their website, will it be possible to do all that on my pixi??
    If I get it working well, and we write a mojo front-end for the Linux command-line client that I have compiled for webOS, yes. It obviously won't be as fast as the desktop version, but it will be as secure.

It does look as though the Pixi will be faster than the Pre for crypto activities ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If I get it working well, and we write a mojo front-end for the Linux command-line client that I have compiled for webOS, yes. It obviously won't be as fast as the desktop version, but it will be as secure.

It does look as though the Pixi will be faster than the Pre for crypto activities ...

-- Rod

That's awesome! keep up the great work!
    Why would it be faster? does the pixi have crypto acceleration whereas the pre does not or something?
    Wow, I didn't realise my short notes came across that way. Replying on forums is something where I can't spend a lot of time on each message, and is often done on the phone during idle minutes.

-- Rod
    laugh man. It's funny. We all know how busy you are and we ALL greatly appreciate the work you do.
  6.    #366  
    UberKernel/Pixi 1.4.5-122 with 768MHz overclocking is now available IN THE KERNEL TESTING FEED. It is finally compliant with http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels

Instructions are in http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2733623

Follow up in that thread in the WebOS Internals forum. Read the contents of that post (and the kernel testing feeds wiki page referenced in that post) before proceeding.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/27/2010 at 08:50 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    UberKernel/Pixi 1.4.5-122 with 768MHz overclocking is now available IN THE KERNEL TESTING FEED. It is finally compliant with http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels

Instructions are in http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2733623

Follow up in that thread in the WebOS Internals forum. Read the contents of that post (and the kernel testing feeds wiki page referenced in that post) before proceeding.

-- Rod
    Woot woot, I love uberkernel, glad to see OC in it!

I have a question for ya, I am curious, why is uberkernel like over 500k in size difference (bigger) than stock or warthog...??
    Ive always wondered about that, even the non OC one is this big.

UI is much smoother btw than warthog, probably cuz doesnt have all those other tweaks in kernel parameters.

Sunspider: 20.555
    warthog disables unnecessary kernel compile flags.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    I have a question for ya, I am curious, why is uberkernel like over 500k in size difference (bigger) than stock or warthog...??
    Ive always wondered about that, even the non OC one is this big.
    UberKernels is the superset. Warthog is lean and mean.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Im probably gonna be bashed for asking this, cause im sure it already been stated, did anything change from the Warthog kernel to the Uberkernel? What i'm really asking is, is the Warthog kernel and Uberkernel the exact same thing?
  11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Im probably gonna be bashed for asking this, cause im sure it already been stated, did anything change from the Warthog kernel to the Uberkernel? What i'm really asking is, is the Warthog kernel and Uberkernel the exact same thing?
    Both have descriptions in Preware ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    It is faster though, 21.20 in sunspider
    What is faster?
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    the kernel. Its slightly faster on sunspider. And like gentarkin said it feels smoother.
    Im having an issue when restarting the phone and govnah not starting up the overclocked profile ive selected, any reasons why maybe? I have it set on 768 mhz
    running the test uberkernel at 748mhz running good and stable at about 42C
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm itching to install this version with the OC. I have the previous stable uberkernel installed now.... I may wait for a few more positive posts before I hit the upgrade button. :-)
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by InSaNeO14 View Post
    Im having an issue when restarting the phone and govnah not starting up the overclocked profile ive selected, any reasons why maybe? I have it set on 768 mhz
    Unplug the USB cable before starting Govnah. It's a pixie tickle thing.

-- Rod
    I upgraded to the testing version of Uberkernel.

When I reboot my phone, everything seems normal. I go into Govnah and create a new profile (ondemandtcl, 122.88 > 768Mhz).

When the new profile is activated, the Launcher UI [in-app and card-view UI are fine] becomes laggy. It skips intermittently and runs less smooth than at stock.

Here's the catch: when I switch back to the Palm Default profile, the lag doesn't go away! The lag only goes away when I restart my phone. And after a reboot, everything runs smoothly again. But, reactivating the overclock profile causes the lag to come back.

Something seems to happen when I switch to my overclock profile that causes UI lag, that persists even when I switch back to the stock profile.

My Govnah settings are below. "Profile 5" is the overclocked profile. I keep compcache at 16MB.

-----------------------

proc_version: Linux version 2.6.24-palm-chuck (v1.4.5-122@org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pixi) (gcc version 4.2.1 (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q3-51)) #2 PREEMPT Wed Oct 27 13:32:32 UTC 2010
    Current:

From Service:
    Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: cfq
    Congestion: cubic
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 768 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 80 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 3 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 16 MB

Files:

cpufreq_file
    description "Govnah Settings"

start on stopped finish

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

echo -n 'ondemandtcl' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '122880' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '768000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo -n '200000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/sampling_rate
    echo -n '80' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/up_threshold
    echo -n '0' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/ignore_nice_load
    echo -n '0' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/powersave_bias
    echo -n '3000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/max_tickle_window
    echo -n '3000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/max_floor_window

end script

compcache_file
    description "Govnah CompCache Configuration"

start on stopped finish
    stop on runlevel [!2]

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

swapoff -a
    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ramzswap.ko memlimit_kb=16384 backing_swap=/dev/mapper/store-swap
    sleep 3
    swapon /dev/ramzswap0 -p 1

end script

Profiles:

(1) Fixed Speed 600 v6
    Governor: performance
    min freq: 600 MHz
    max freq: 600 MHz
    (2) Palm Default v6
    max freq: 600 MHz
    (5) Profile 5
    max freq: 768 MHz
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 16 MB
  20.    #380  
    Switching back to default profile does not remove your compcache settings.

-- Rod