Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    go into preware and install the Stock pixi kernel, reboot and then install the Warthog one.
    The latest update to the Warthog kernel runs much more smoother than the last at 768.. Great job guys and keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Ok so the whole over heating deal with mine yesterday was just a one time thing. I assume it because i was downloading the new facebook app and doing other things at the same time.

Played angry bird last night and this morning, never got above 34*C
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    whats the difference between uimage and warthog kernal?

i loaded up the warhog kernal through webos quick install. 768mhz on govnah, the temps only read 28. does that sound right?

the uimage requires memboot it seems? (i'm still new to this)
    the kernel in preware is the same that have been uimages (they are both warthog kernels). Its just better to test out the uimage before releasing it in preware just in case it is prone to crashing, so you reboot to your previous kernel. The ones that codecrumb tosses out as uimages are b/c he wants to get things tested on more devices before adding it as an installable package through preware.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I showed a friend who has a original bone stock Droid, he done sunspider in 12.56 seconds.. lol and he was complaining his phone was slow..

Although it really was slow, it wouldnt even load the youtube app
    Last edited by boyer61; 10/20/2010 at 08:36 PM.
    Hey guys, ive installed the warthog kernel off the testing feed but im not sure what the best govnah profile is...ive tried entering speeds manually using one of the user's here posted profile and for some reason govnah doesnt recognize the manual inputs and uses the next default speed for both minimum and maximum...any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i need a tutorial for do that .... make my Pixi ++ to 700Mhz .... plz help me
    I need help too!!!!! I want to do this, but i need Safe instructions on how to do this as well. I don't know it is safe to install Warthog while i have Uberkernal installed. Please help me too!! ^-^
  10.    #290  
    All the required instructions are in this thread.

If that is not sufficient, please wait for the stable release in Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by igorb81 View Post
    I use my phone mainly for business
    This is a key indicator that you shouldn't use anything from the testing feed ;-)
    I can add to the host of responses here that describe a general sense of UI lag.I'm grateful for the efforts on this kernel, but the only specific things I can say are:

minimizing to card view from maps, browser, mail, and most any application becomes "choppy." Rather than one fluid motion it becomes 2-3 discrete images of the card receding into the background.

scrolling left to right and right to left in card view is very slow with the OC kernel.

the application drawer is also painfully slow to scroll left to right, up-down, etc.

random elements of the UI begin to pause and stutter: scrolling though a list in Music (Remix) may pause for seconds, leaving me unclear if the whole phone crashed etc.

As far as my setup: five patches (4x4 icons, muffle logging, remove dropped packet logging, uber calendar, and unset CFQ), Preware, Govnah, LSDIFF, GNU Patch, stock Verizon apps, Music Remix, and Terminal - that is it.

Now, I did try replacing the kernel settings with those from the stock kernel using the syctl method outlined earlier. This did not seem to matter. Uninstalling and reverting to Uber or Stock kernel fixed the lag issues immediately. The recent 768 kernel was improved but still had many of the UI issues outlined above.

THanks for the work in this!
    Last edited by darves; 10/22/2010 at 06:31 AM.
    I am soo glad that I have not had a problem with this testing kernel and ui lag! Only thing I noticed is about a 20% faster and smoother device. I'm ready to push my pixi further
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by darves View Post
    I can add to the host of responses here that describe a general sense of UI lag.I'm grateful for the efforts on this kernel, but the only specific things I can say are:

minimizing to card view from maps, browser, mail, and most any application becomes "choppy." Rather than one fluid motion it becomes 2-3 discrete images of the card receding into the background.

scrolling left to right and right to left in card view is very slow with the OC kernel.

the application drawer is also painfully slow to scroll left to right, up-down, etc.

random elements of the UI begin to pause and stutter: scrolling though a list in Music (Remix) may pause for seconds, leaving me unclear if the whole phone crashed etc.

As far as my setup: five patches (4x4 icons, muffle logging, remove dropped packet logging, uber calendar, and unset CFQ), Preware, Govnah, LSDIFF, GNU Patch, stock Verizon apps, Music Remix, and Terminal - that is it.

Now, I did try replacing the kernel settings with those from the stock kernel using the syctl method outlined earlier. This did not seem to matter. Uninstalling and reverting to Uber or Stock kernel fixed the lag issues immediately. The recent 768 kernel was improved but still had many of the UI issues outlined above.

THanks for the work in this!
    Yeahp, everything you mentioned is pretty much what I was experiencing. Things Ive noticed so far, unlike your situation, sysctl'ing the original / uberkernel (which I believe are very much the same) fixed my problems and your problems described above.

I also may have discovered something else last night, for some reason I was messing w/ govnah and decided for the heck of it to put ondemandtcl w/ stock 122.8mhz .1 polling , 80% threshold, high 768mhz of course!
    I was using 320mhz 20% threshold .1 polling before and tried 450mhz as well...
    It wasnt until doing the standard 122.8mhz as mentioned above, this was the final icing on the cake in terms of ui lag / choppiness / responsiveness...for some reason things are extremely smooth now...

Its even smoother than doing performance governer, userspace @ 768mhz constant.

So its quite puzzling but thats my results.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    added the Warthog kernel this morning via preware. Used the same settings as shown by GenTarkin, and I noticed that the phone was very responsive . The camera app. That used to take 10 to 15 seconds to load was now loading in about 4 seconds, and I was not noticing any lag. But after using the phone messing around for a while I noticed considerable lag, especially on the SMS Texting app. This took over 20 seconds to finally load. Went into Govnah and messed with a few diff. Settings but the lag was still there. So I removed Warthog kernel and reinstalled UK restarted phone. Now everything is back to how it was previous to Warthog and performing as it was before. After work today I will try installing Warthog again and see what happens. BTW I have a pixi on the sprint network.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    mine is still blazing fast. I just got a new phone today and it feels even faster.
    I have tried it and also admit falling victim to the UI lag problem.

Once installed, immediately on restart my Pixi lags in a way that did not happen before - even though it was still set to stock settings.

I pulled up Govnah and set the max freq [ondemandtcl] to 768 IIRC. But for some reason the Pixi wouldn't ramp up to top speed and stayed stuck at 600mhz. Once I set the governor to performance, the Pixi sped up, but UI animations still skipped and lagged.

I also tried setting the threshold polling to 0.1 sec, but that seemed to have no effect.

Since my only reason to overclock the my Verizon Pixi+ is to make the phone run smoother and reduce lag, I reverted back to stock for now. Sad to say that stock runs smoother than the overclock. But I look forward to trying it again soon!
    I'll wait for the stable release...Ive already bricked one phone (would not connect to the cell towers anymore...my data for phone number etc was deleted and sprint had no idea how it happened....I do- Ive learned my lesson- dont enable usb passthrough usbnet function and delete the app.....oops)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithjr42089 View Post
    I'll wait for the stable release...Ive already bricked one phone (would not connect to the cell towers anymore...my data for phone number etc was deleted and sprint had no idea how it happened....I do- Ive learned my lesson- dont enable usb passthrough usbnet function and delete the app.....oops)
    wow...
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    nooooooo. My worst fear came true. I have my 'overclocked pixi' running at 768. I compared to another stock pixi and it turns out THAT THE STOCK IS FASTER THAN MY overclocked pixi. I have had placebo the whole time! Has anyone besides me compared their overclocked pixi to stock. Nooooooooooo