Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I notice my phone has kernel crashes if i change the sampling rate to .1 and lower the threshold to 60 or 70%. If I keep the sampling rate to .2 and have the up threshold to 80% my phone is perfect. Also I noticed my phone runs extra smooth with my compcache limit enabled to 24mb.
    Just my findings.
    Love everything you guys are doing!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I'm at .1 and 60% I'll go try .2 and 80% right now
    let me know how it works pezman
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    seems a bit better with those settings. What's your min setting? Mines @ 400. Does it even really matter? I read that race to idle info. Seems like I should max it out all the time, cuz when screen is off its idle, and I'm obviously using it when the screen is on... Any thoughts on that?
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    seems a bit better with those settings. What's your min setting? Mines @ 400. Does it even really matter? I read that race to idle info. Seems like I should max it out all the time, cuz when screen is off its idle, and I'm obviously using it when the screen is on... Any thoughts on that?
    If you're streaming music with the screen off, the processor is not idle.

Usage patterns matter.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    my minimum setting is 122.88. The only way I will change this is if they create a screenstate governor
    very true, but then I am still using my phone to buffer the stream, and still would like that extra umph, right? I'm talking really about using the phone for something (even if screen is off) vs screen off idle. If screen is off, and I'm not running any apps, the cpu is idle and not sucking down battery. I'll just play around and see what works for me. On a side note...you guys are compiling these in a linux environment, right?
    Last edited by pezman726; 10/19/2010 at 07:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I used my phone for about 20 minutes today, after updating the kernel. It got HOT, 52*C. It never got above that though, and went down pretty fast after i stopped using it.

What is sunspider?
    my pixi loves the new update running cool...fast...and stable
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    I used my phone for about 20 minutes today, after updating the kernel. It got HOT, 52*C. It never got above that though, and went down pretty fast after i stopped using it.

What is sunspider?
    This is one of the reasons that I am afraid to take the plunge on this overclocking thing. I would hate to fry my Pixi and go back to Centro! I use my phone mainly for business to keep my life organized. I don't play any games on it except once in a while that skyjumper or whatever it's called. As I mentioned before my phone is pretty fast after those suggested tweaks that codecrumb posted. I am willing to try to overclock at some point as long as my phone doesn't melt or my battery drains too quick. Right now my battery lasts me through 10 p.m. or so and I am fine with that. I have everything turned off except WIFI for most part.
    I'm running benchmarks and games, temps not going past 41
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    it could be partially because i was downloading facebook 1.4 around that same time. I'll play some Angry birds tonight and see how it goes.
    sunspider is a javascript based cpu test. Times how long it takes to complete all the tasks. Mine just gave me 21.6 seconds.
    just google it to find and run it
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    eh. 25.63 seconds.

Whats the best govnah setup with the new kernel
    for that test I had mine set to performance @ 768mhz 24mb compcache enabled
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I have it on the performance setting as well, 500Min 768 Max and 24 Compcache
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Ok, i just did 768, both min and max, so in other words it didn't go below 768.

16MB Compcache -22.07seconds
    24MB Compcache -22.66seconds
    im fairly new to test feeds, so i successfully installed the warthog kernel, but my govnah still has the old settings and doesn't give me an option to choose anything over 600. how do i get it up to the speeds you are using?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbro View Post
    im fairly new to test feeds, so i successfully installed the warthog kernel, but my govnah still has the old settings and doesn't give me an option to choose anything over 600. how do i get it up to the speeds you are using?
    Open the launcher, make sure you have the Warthog kernel icon there. If you do, go to Govnah and adjust the max frequency to 768000. it should change then.

Did another Sunbird test, 16 MB Compcache 21.21 seconds.
    does this have to be done through manual entry? i put in the numbers but it just reverts back to 600. should i have left uberkernel installed?