Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I'll try. But during the week I am usually very busy, but I will post my results when I get them.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Can you try something for me? Are you comfortable in linux terminal?
    If so, I want you to try what Ive done to see if your pixi is experiencing result of same things mine is.
    Install terminal from preware, open it up and do this on stock kernel:
    sysctl -A > /media/internal/stockparm.conf

Now install the OC kernel(either preware warthog or v22) open terminal up and do this:
    sysctl -p /media/internal/stockparm.conf

At this point youve injected the stock kernel parameters into the kernel on the fly. Start trying out programs like normal now and see if smoothness comes back / UI lag diminishes.

It did in my case. If this works for you, confirms there is some quirky setting in the warthog kernel causing lag on somedevices.

To warthog - I tried v22 and dmesg | grep selected returned nothing found.
    ------------
    On another note, ran sunspider w/ stock kernel parameters on preware warthog kernel and results were 20.501 seconds @ 748mhz =)
    I attempted doing this but when I did the -A > with stock kernel I got the no ppermission error, thoughts?

I would like to give this a shot as I"ve been having UI lag also, I have installed the kernel on a freshly doctored pixi and still got the lag.
    Its ok to get the permission error, on mine it happened 2x when doing -A, it just means those couple kernel parameters are not readable. Which is normal. The other parameters should still go in the file your saving too. To confirm the file has contents just do cat /media/internal/stockparm.conf (or whatever your filename in -A > command was)
    It should show about a hundred lines of parameters.

When you do the -p /media/internal/stockparm.conf it will probably say a couple permission errors as well. This is fine because some arent writeable =)
    Codecrumb: Excellent job! Can you please give us an update on further testing? Will you be releasing a new download to run faster than 750mhz?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I read all 13 pages and found some interesting stuff... I am so happy I read all the pages. I am really new to this and somewhat scared to losing everything and starting from scratch. I am very happy now with my phone even without overclocking at this point.

My Pixi Plus on Verizon was the slowest thing I ever used for sometime and I never noticed how slow it got. It was frustrating. After installing tweaking this thing according to the link posted by codecrumb and suddenly my Pixi plus is smoking fast with no lag time at all anywhere. I don't think this phone was this fast ever. I can finally multitask and have many cards open. I could never do that before since it would just basically freeze my phone.

I just wanted to thank "codecrumb" for that wonderful post it just redeemed my phone. I was almost on the fence for some different OS or phone. Now I am really happy. I might even try this overclock thing if it's not going to severely drain my battery. I really like WebOS UI it's the best.

This is off topic ... one thing that bugs me a bit is that occasionally I find my phone to be completely shut off by itself for no reason with plenty of battery charge. It happens once in a while very seldom. I wonder if anyone every experienced anything like that?
    I wedged a small slip of paper between the battery and the 'side wall' on my wifes Pixi. It did the trick. Battery wasn't fitting snug enough in the battery compartment, causing it to cut off.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    WOW! I never thought about that. I think you may be right. I will have to look at that. It seems to shut off from sudden rapid move or when it falls 99% it shuts off. That makes perfect sense. I will try that tonight. Thanks a lot for your tip.
    from warthogkernel's twitter

warthogkernel To celebrate the announcement of #webOS 2.0 and the #Pre2, the @Palm #Pixi is now a little faster. Update via Preware. /cc @webosinternals
    Awesome!!!!! Every little bit helps!
    Thanks Warthog!!!!!!!!
    installed and changed settings to 768mhz!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Sweet!!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    What does that mean? I don't see anything in Preware. How do I do it? What am I missing? I'm confused.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igorb81 View Post
    What does that mean? I don't see anything in Preware. How do I do it? What am I missing? I'm confused.
    Since you have preware installed, go to the very bottom of this page and install the kernel testing feeds.

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    hmmm....device decided it wanted to reboot itself with new kernel installed....Could've been a fluke, I'll check the logs though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    hmmm....device decided it wanted to reboot itself with new kernel installed....Could've been a fluke, I'll check the logs though :P
    That stinks =/
    Back when warthog was first testing this and his first couple builds there was one that allowed up to 784mhz and it ran great on my pixi. I only used it for an hour though, no crashes or anything.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    I remember in the infancy of the Pre overclocking, when I installed the 800 MHz kernel via WOSQI, the phone rebooted automatically
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I remember in the infancy of the Pre overclocking, when I installed the 800 MHz kernel via WOSQI, the phone rebooted automatically
    That is not the case here.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    VZW Pixi+ on 1.4.5
    Govnah: userspace min/max/set: all 748.8 MHz
    Compcache: disabled
    I/O: anticipatory
    TPC: cubic

Sunspider completed in 24.8 sec, which is a HUGE improvement.
    With the latest kernel: 24.4 sec
    works fine for past few hours. Odd that it did a full shutdown, with spinning icon, and not just a crash

only diff btwn now and then was before it was plugged into wall. Hmmmm
    Last edited by pezman726; 10/19/2010 at 05:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    what's the ETA on this to be on preware?