1.    #1  
    alright, so I got my pixi yesterday. Love it... Almost. Certainly better than what I did have before it. But, I can't download squat. Nothing from here works for me. At all. They download, but can't be run; wrong format. They say it's for webos, and no go on my phone. So, first off, how the heck do download stuff from the web. Does it HAVE to be from the app catalog? Second, I don't own or otherwise have access to a computer, so no quick install or anything else related to a computer. Is there any possible way to download and install preware without anything to do with a computer. Because if not, the usefulness of this thing just dropped way down. Also, sorry for any existing threads on this subject and any ill-formating. This the first time I've written in a forum on any site. Lol. Thanks in advance for the replies and trying to help keep me sane.
    if your not downloading from app catalog, you can get preware it has feeds for beta and web apps. or you can use webos quickinstall; preware seems easier at least for me.
  3.    #3  
    but I can't figure out how to install preware without a connection to a computer. Busically, I have to download OTA. Is that possible and if so, how? Because I can't find it.
    Unfortunately, you will need access to a computer for the initial installation of Preware...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5.    #5  
    alright, well, thanks you. I'll have to go the library and see if I can do a small hack on the system there. Lol. Thanks. You can close this thread or delete it or whatever happens to it. Lol.
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

Library computers usually have usb ports unrestricted so people can use their flash drives. Luckily, quick install is a .jar and doesn't need to be installed, which should be fine too.

I find it incredibly strange that in this day and age you do not have access to a computer in any sense besides the library. Friends? Mom? Dad? Co-worker?

You can get an old P4 computer off of ebay or craigslist for $50 or less. Add a wireless card/adapter for another $15, and use someone else's wifi.

Or just use the library.
    do you have the lastest version of webos? What exactly are you trying to download anyway. A bit more info would be a good start here
    when you say 'they download',what is they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

Library computers usually have usb ports unrestricted so people can use their flash drives. Luckily, quick install is a .jar and doesn't need to be installed, which should be fine too.

I find it incredibly strange that in this day and age you do not have access to a computer in any sense besides the library. Friends? Mom? Dad? Co-worker?

You can get an old P4 computer off of ebay or craigslist for $50 or less. Add a wireless card/adapter for another $15, and use someone else's wifi.

Or just use the library.
    Yea, but you also need Novacom installed. I believe that requires Admin rights... Also need to have the latest Java installed. I've noticed library computers are always way behind in updates lol...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10.    #10  
    yes, I am using webOS 1.4.5. I recently came from the BB 8350i and so far, I love pixi. Embarrassed by the name, but like it nonethless. But I had a lot of apps on there. One being a MTG life counter. I've seen one available here on PreCentral and I have tried to download it but when it pops up at the bottom of the screen and I can't push it. It has a yellow triangle at the far right of that box and all I can do I swipe it away. So, I can't get it to run.

I also had a GBC emulator on my BB, albeit very slow. I did some resaerch for one and found that VBA is on preware. I love VBA and used it when I did used to have a computer. But, I was already told I'm screwed on this road because I have to be connected to a computer to get preware.

On a side note, I saw somewhere an app called Planeswalker, it was as app like apprentice on the computer but it was for Palm OS. I have downloaded Classic from the App Catalog but I:ll have to wait until I can get to the library to move the file to classic's directory. But a webOS version and update would be nice. Lol.

Basically, I would just like more and better apps for the webOS. Is the OS new? I believe I saw somewhere that 1.4.5 was doing away with java, could be this be the problem? Is it just a waiting game apps are written for "new-ish" OS? Because that would make sense. Why switch programming languages on an already existing OS like that anyway. Seems odd to me. Node.jsjsjs $I$ $wouldn$'$t$ $think$ $would$ $be$ $that$ $much$ $better$ $than$ $Java$ $anyway$; $not$ $enough$ $to$ $warrant$ $a$ $software$ $change$ $so$ $intermitently$.
  11.    #11  
    Oh, I forgot one more thing. When I download things from here or elsewhere, if it doesn't come up with the yellow triangle to the right of it, it will say the format type is not supported. To put it simply, I'm restricted 100% to downloading from the App Catalog. And to be honest, not much of the free apps there interest me much.
    it sounds like your not running 1.4.5 to me ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #13  
    Well, well I check for updates, it says I am running 1.4.5. So, unless it is wrong, then yes, I am. Which is why I am so confused. Do I have to do something else for them to install correctly? Or are they just available with the added Node.jsjsjs $script$? $Did$ $they$ $make$ $the$ $cnahge$ $to$ $Node$.$js$ $yet$ $or$ $is$ $that$ $in$ $a$ $future$ $update$?