1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I have a locked pixi + on ATT (I got it free from palm because of a developer program) and I had meta-doctored the phone so that as it said I could create a Palm Profile over WI-FI (I did not tell it to bypass activation so I don't know if I need to do that because I don't want to risk the cell radio for nothing!) and when I used the meta-doctor image/JAR the phone went to the home screen and where the carrier was it sad Check SIM SOS(No SIM was in it and NO activation bypass) so I run the 1st use app and ***? it tells me to insert a SIM like when I 1st turned on the phone (I thought it was creating a profile over wifi?) so I put in a sim (the phone says it is permanently locked) and reboot the phone now the 1st use app will give me a Language Selection
    and I choose English it shows the spinning circle for a second and then says there was and error and I need to contact palm (I AM on WIFI)! I try with keeping the sim inserted and when I run the 1st use app I take it out and choose English but then it only spins for 1 second and gives me the error!
    Note:When I turn on the phone with the SIM it opens a blank preference window.
    Please Help
    Thank You
    Ppixi

EDIT: Added Pictures
    http://bit.ly/d1A5hk
    Last edited by ppixi; 10/09/2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Add Pictures
    Not sure I can help, but is the SIM a regular AT&T 3G SIM? If it is, you should be able to doctor with the AT&T 1.4.3 image and activate it, then attach to or create a new Palm profile.

I've tried it and found that you cannot create a Palm profile over wifi. My "driver" phone is a Sprint Pre. I don't have an AT&T account, but unlocked my developer Pixi Plus for international use, and am using a GoPhone SIM for the rare call here. The phone works, but has no GPS and no App Catalog. The GoPhone SIM doesn't seem to be recognized as AT&T.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Not sure I can help, but is the SIM a regular AT&T 3G SIM? If it is, you should be able to doctor with the AT&T 1.4.3 image and activate it, then attach to or create a new Palm profile.

I've tried it and found that you cannot create a Palm profile over wifi. My "driver" phone is a Sprint Pre. I don't have an AT&T account, but unlocked my developer Pixi Plus for international use, and am using a GoPhone SIM for the rare call here. The phone works, but has no GPS and no App Catalog. The GoPhone SIM doesn't seem to be recognized as AT&T.
    Yes the Pixi + does have an ATT 3g SIM but since it was with a gophone it was already activated(the SIM is now permanently locked) so maybe that's why it does not want to work, but I do attempt to create the profile over wifi and it shows the insert SIM animation and since you have the unlock would you have any idea if it would let me run the 1st use app over wifi?
  4.    #4  
    I now set the meta doctor to bypass activation so now I can get to the palm profile creation but when I put in my answer it syays it failed and when I put it in airplane mode it simply shows the spinning circle but with no sim installed I can now atleast get the spinning circle instead the insert SIM
    EDIT: I turned off airplane mode with ONLY wifi and it seems to work except it fails to create a profile but if someone could create a profile on their device then it would work because when attempting to sign in it will tell me the info is correct so if it was made on another device it would work!
    It's generally difficult to create a Plam profile on a Palm device.

Jk.

Anyway, maybe it's an issue with 1.4.3?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    OP, fwiw when I activated my phone I was told by a Sprint rep that I had to do it over a non-wifi (i.e., carrier provided) connection.

You may want to try as much when you're in coverage area...
    Yep! Can't create a profile, unless you are on your carrier's data connection. Not sure why, but that's how Palm does it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    It's generally difficult to create a Plam profile on a Palm device.

Jk.

Anyway, maybe it's an issue with 1.4.3?
    That's what I think it is a 1.4.3 issue because I used the command and adjusted it to my info. (the things in BOLD) and ran a root command and it would still tell me that it couldn't create it. I'll post what it says tomorrow because I am very tired.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yep! Can't create a profile, unless you are on your carrier's data connection. Not sure why, but that's how Palm does it.
    That's what I thought but meta-doctor is supposed to fix that so you can join WIFI and then create a palm profile but maybe I will switch to ATT when my verizon contract is over (not till a little over a year ) but I like Verizon's coverage better.
  10.    #10  
    I might just go by the sprint store create a profile with one of their phones(I have to go to my local mall anyways) and then attempt to sign into it with my ATT pixi
  11.    #11  
    ok I went to an ATT store to create a palm profile but now it will say I am on another device (so it attempts wifi) but then it fails so it is some sort of other error
    I know this is an old thread but I figured it out. After you do the bypass and get the first use app to be able to sign in to your profile you have to turn on GPS.