1.    #1  
    Hello. I need to say that my Palm Pixi camera is really lame. Besides the pictures, I mean.

I was on a call with my girlfriend, and I pulled up the camera to send her a sexy picture. Now, when the camera app comes up...the call is muted.

So not only does the camera app make bad pictures on the Pixi, but it also messes up my phone calls! I'm pretty sure my Palm Pre did not do this.

Now I'm really thinking of sending this Pixi back. The form is lovely, but this is yet another problem it has.
    Actually, I though it was part of the way the phone works. The call or music is muted so if you use the video camera on the phone the sound isn't recorded in the background and the shutter sound is made.

Now the camera isn't going to get any better. The pixi wasn't really meant to take amazing pictures, just enough to take pictures of things that aren't planned, not planned provocative pictures. But hey not my place to speak for that!
  3.    #3  
    I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to wreck your calls though. I don't think my Pre did.
    I thought it's suppose to isolates all sounds?

Update: I just checked and you should have been able to continue the call with the sound while on the camera. I suggest maybe doing a doctor is your best bet.
  5.    #5  
    I already did a doctor three days ago. It's a brand new Pixi. Not entirely sure how I feel about this.
    I wouldn't call a picture of your ***** sexy. Just saying.
    On the Pixi, there are a lot of functions that get interrupted when making a call.. this is nothing new.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

8.    #8  
    I'm actually trying to figure out what your five-letter censored word is. I'm genuinely stumped.

I wasn't aware...Pixi seems to have bigger shortcomings than I thought.
    probably b@ll5.
    Yeah,
    The Pixi wasn't made for high quality picks, or umm... "interesting" pictures, haha
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
  11.    #11  
    The pixi was apparently not made to multitask.

I wonder if a patch can fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    The pixi was apparently not made to multitask.

I wonder if a patch can fix this.
    Wait, what?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
  13.    #13  
    Has the conversation completely derailed? Geez.

Apparently the answer is no. Seems like this can't be patched. I think the problem is inside the camera plugin-side, not the camera's app. It just wants to grab audio control from other programs no matter what.

There's no actual reference in the camera app to grabbing control of sound -- although the sound service is used, commenting that out does nothing. I think the camera's plugin is doing something internally.