Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am running the Palm Pixi on Sprint
    Version
    WebOS 1.4.5
    Build 271
    Sprint Config 2.5

Ive tried to root it 3 times already and i can't find a way to root it thats up to date i can't get it to read root@castle:/# i can only get root@palm webos or something and i can't get it to basically do anything but aggrivate me is there any up to date 2010 videos or ways to do this, i'm running windows 64-bit and just want to get this thing rolling..... any info will help and thanks ahead of time
    What are you trying to do? There isn't really anything you need a command prompt for
    You don't have to root a pixi, just type in the Konami code and turn on dev mode.
    And stop posting this everywhere
    I was going to say the same thing, cross posting is looked down on.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-your-pre.html

You'll want to read it fully and install (probably through the stand-alone installer) this:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

If you already have Preware installed there are terminal apps which allow you to access linux on the phone, otherwise Putty can be used, but it's uncommon to want to access linux on the Pre now-adays, so is there something specific your hoping to accomplish?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ting-pixi.html

Stick to one thread per topic, (after a search) and put it in the right area the first time.
  8.    #8  
    sorry, didn't expect to have a reply so quick never post on forums so thought id reach out to as many as possible but dually noted, everything i have seen says you root it like you do a pre and i followed the pre instructions and it didn't work... trying to work homebrew and get the access to the themes and apps and such
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-your-pre.html

You'll want to read it fully and install (probably through the stand-alone installer) this:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

If you already have Preware installed there are terminal apps which allow you to access linux on the phone, otherwise Putty can be used, but it's uncommon to want to access linux on the Pre now-adays, so is there something specific your hoping to accomplish?
    Quote Originally Posted by xstevie_kx View Post
    sorry, didn't expect to have a reply so quick never post on forums so thought id reach out to as many as possible but dually noted, everything i have seen says you root it like you do a pre and i followed the pre instructions and it didn't work... trying to work homebrew and get the access to the themes and apps and such
    Read this and you should be good: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html.

cheers.
  11.    #11  
    oh and another problem when i get into dev mode and i plug it up to the usb on my comp i don't get the just charge thing i only get usb drive and charge only...
    oh and another problem when i get into dev mode and i plug it up to the usb on my comp i don't get the just charge thing i only get usb drive and charge only...
    One is for usb mode, and the other is for charging. If the screen doesn't show you a phone pic ~ then you're not in usb mode... (note) The first time you use USB Drive mode, an alert warns you that you cannot make or receive calls or text messages. Tap OK.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    One is for usb mode, and the other is for charging. If the screen doesn't show you a phone pic ~ then you're not in usb mode... (note) The first time you use USB Drive mode, an alert warns you that you cannot make or receive calls or text messages. Tap OK.
    so none of this is like the iphone like a app program goes on your phone and you look through it?
  14.    #14  
    i got the quick installer but it won't install no themes says it can't connect to url and won't install ipk? basically won't do nothing bout to give up
    i got the quick installer but it won't install no themes says it can't connect to url and won't install ipk? basically won't do nothing bout to give up
    Themes are install and uninstall from Preware.
    so none of this is like the iphone like a app program goes on your phone and you look through it?
    Nope, Iphone and the Pre's have different settings. Once your usb cable is connected to both your PC, and Phone ~ you'll then hear a ding sound and a pop-UP option to choose from.. Usb mode or Just charge.

Note: If you use the Ac charger, or Touchstone charger you'll only see a notification saying "Charging"

Cheers..
    just use webos quick install to load preware on your phone and you have access to everything you need.

Just install preware
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    just use webos quick install to load preware on your phone and you have access to everything you need.

Just install preware

so even tho the quick installer doesn't connect to the theme url it should be able to with the preware? i can add programs and such but themes is the only thing i can't change
    Preware can install everything you need...(INCLUDING THEMES )

for added reading take a look at the FAQ link in my sig....
  20.    #20  
    will do

thanks to all for the help
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/07/2010 at 07:45 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast