1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Just got my Pixi today from Sprint. I found this awesome place by a member of sprintusers.com

Letting the Pixi charge now, although I just want to play with it! I coming from a Original LG Rumor, so this is really blowing my mind.

Once quick question and please leave a link to another discussion if it is here. I downloaded the facebook app, but I didn't like how all of my facebook contacts were in my phonebook. When I removed my facebook link, it removed the whole app. Any way to have facebook without having my entire friends list in my contacts?
  2.    #2  
    Never mind, I just couldn't find the Facebook app on my phone. But I found it. Newbie mistake, lol!

I really love this phone and crossing my fingers for only smooth sailing ahead.

I can't believe I got this phone for free!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhoneybear View Post
    Hi all,

Just got my Pixi today from Sprint. I found this awesome place by a member of sprintusers.com

Letting the Pixi charge now, although I just want to play with it! I coming from a Original LG Rumor, so this is really blowing my mind.

Once quick question and please leave a link to another discussion if it is here. I downloaded the facebook app, but I didn't like how all of my facebook contacts were in my phonebook. When I removed my facebook link, it removed the whole app. Any way to have facebook without having my entire friends list in my contacts?
    Welcome
    Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
    lol

Welcome to Pre|Central skyhoneybear!
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    You aint seen nothin yet. Wait till you start adding patches and customizing your phone. These pixis are awesome little devices....I can't get over how much power can be had in such a small device.

You won't regret getting this phone...I also thought the same thing..."I cant believe I got this phone for free"... The software developers on this forum are some incredibly talented dudes(chicks, if it applies), they just keep making our phones better all the time.
    should check out the 'Themes' section. Pretty cool stuff.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Welcome! You are going to love it here!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks everyone one. I have been "playing" with it for three hours straight. Coming from a Rumor..this is amazing. I already feel at home here and I feel prepared just in case my pixi gets "sick". Thanks for all the love everyone!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    should check out the 'Themes' section. Pretty cool stuff.
    Which themes do you suggest?
    welcome,,my wifes pixie just came today,her first smartphone.i patched it all up for her and she has not put it down for hours. My daughter has had her pixie since last xmas,and she has not put it down yet either,,,enjoy.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Welcome to the forums! To answer your question, it sadly is impossible at the moment to remove contacts on facebook from your contacts list without removing facebook from your palm profile. We've all wanted this to be done =/
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    Which themes do you suggest?
    My favorite is the "Original Blue Theme". This theme is probably the best thought out and it permeates thru all the preloaded functions. You can change the wallpaper without changing the theme, if you don't like the wallpaper. I've changed mine many times.
    Hey,

Welcome aboard, I wouldn't worry too much about contact information being added automagically. It's unsettling at first but when all you have to do is type to find a contact it doesn't really matter, it isn't as if you have to search through hordes of contacts. A benefit of letting Facebook contacts populate your address book is you get all the details about your friends from it - their birthday, phone numbers, email addresses - all automatically without having to enter them into your phone by hand. If you already have a contact in your phone it'll add/group the Facebook info with it.

Leon
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhoneybear View Post
    Hi all,

you can just remove the facebook account from the Contacts App and they won't show up, and you can still use the facebook app.
    im also new and i freakin love my pixi...i got mine for free too and it definitely one of my favorite smartphones ive owned...if not my favorite...and PreCentral is an awesome place for help...ive gotten many answers from this site and im sure many more to come
    "I get by with a little help from my friends, get high with a little help from my friends."
    -The Beatles

My Device History

Went a year without a Palm and had to go back lol
    New here to. I love my pixi so far. Went from a HTC Touch with WM6.. hacked it to Android and have been looking and the webOS since it came out.. still love how smooth it is and after installing preware I feel like I have as much control over this phone as I did with the WM Touch.