1.    #1  
    ok so i installed homebrew on my pixi about a month ago and there have been no problems at all with my phone... unitl last friday. The speaker on the front of the phone isn't producing any sound and the sensor that turns the screen off when putting the phone up to your ear will not turn off the screen. So i did a full reset and wiped my phone but homebrew is still on it. I don't know if homebrew caused the problem but as of now its about the only thing that could've caused it. If someone can tell me how to remove all changes to my phone using homebrew that would be great.

Thanks
    Greyskull111
    what do you mean "wiped" and "homebrew is still on it"?

there are certain things that get stored on the usb drive that don't get deleted when running the doctor or a partial erase. homebrew is a general term for the mods, tweaks, and development done buy the user community, so it will be easier to help you if you can provide some details.

Did you run OS Doctor? Did you do a partial erase from the system app? etc.

what is "still there", how did it get there, and how do you know it still is?

etc.
    Run webOS doctor How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Those problems sound hardware related and it is very unlikely that they have anything to do with homebrew.

If those effects are still there after a doctor then you know that it definitely a hardware issue.
    Actually those issues sound more like your stuck in headset mode. Are you still having the problems, if so then make a phone calll, at the bottom left hand corner, is the green button of a pair of headphones?

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull111 View Post
    ok so i installed homebrew on my pixi about a month ago and there have been no problems at all with my phone... unitl last friday. The speaker on the front of the phone isn't producing any sound and the sensor that turns the screen off when putting the phone up to your ear will not turn off the screen. So i did a full reset and wiped my phone but homebrew is still on it. I don't know if homebrew caused the problem but as of now its about the only thing that could've caused it. If someone can tell me how to remove all changes to my phone using homebrew that would be great.

Thanks
    Greyskull111
    For your peace of mind > go in preware and delete all patches by running emergency patch recovery(EPR), then uninstall any overclock kernal, and theme...then run a webos repair utility and see how that works for you.

:-)
  6.    #6  
    "Those problems sound hardware related and it is very unlikely that they have anything to do with homebrew."

If those effects are still there after a doctor then you know that it definitely a hardware issue.[/QUOTE]

In the bottom left hand corner for the button that says speaker it displays headphones on that button. Is this what you are talking about?
  7.    #7  
    ok so i added tweaks, themes and a few patches but i just ran osdoctor and delted it all but some of the tweaks are still there... i am installing webos repari utility now and hoping to get rid of the rest of the tweaks just to be safe.
  8.    #8  
    I can't get webos repair utility to work so i don't know how to get rid of that last tweak.
    as I said, some 'tweaks' are stored such that they will still be seen after doctoring. An example is if yoj have the patch to allow more launcher pages. If you created additional pages, they may still be there.

you sound like you are stuck in headset mode. Follow PIP's advice to see if you are stuck in headset mode. Please report back so we can help you further.

if you can prove that you aren't in headset mode (i will bet you are), then do a secure erase from the system app.

ignore rush's post, and listen to Pip.
    Try this... Run a webos doctor, and start all over. Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Also before you add back anything on your phone..please read this >> http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html.

best of luck. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    as I said, some 'tweaks' are stored such that they will still be seen after doctoring. An example is if yoj have the patch to allow more launcher pages. If you created additional pages, they may still be there.

you sound like you are stuck in headset mode. Follow PIP's advice to see if you are stuck in headset mode. Please report back so we can help you further.

if you can prove that you aren't in headset mode (i will bet you are), then do a secure erase from the system app.

ignore rush's post, and listen to Pip.
    There is that 2% possibility that you may be right. However, the OP should have tried that already. As I have stated in my above post > I believe this would be the right decision, if Pip advice somehow doesn't solve the problem.

^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    There is that 2% possibility that you may be right. However, the OP should have tried that already. As I have stated in my above post > I believe this would be the right decision, if Pip advice somehow doesn't solve the problem.

^_^
    wrong thread to argue.

but the probability is more like 98%, and you can't assume the OP tried something because he 'should have tried it' unless he says he did so. Diagnose before writing prescriptions, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wrong thread to argue.

but the probability is more like 98%, and you can't assume the OP tried something because he 'should have tried it' unless he says he did so. Diagnose before writing prescriptions, please.
    You and that guy tickle me.. Why do you'll think when I put things in perspective it's arguing. Possibility or Probability glad you know the difference. Diognose before giving prescription.. :-D no, wrong member you'll pick on. . ^_^
  14.    #14  
    Also, i would like to remove that last tweak, which coincidentally is the tweak that allows you to add pages, just for the sake of keeping my phone clean. Homebrew tweaks and themes were nice but too much of a hassle.

Once pip replies i will hopefully have an answer to my problem, but in addition i would like to remove that last tweak and how would i remove it without having to go through the whole installation process with homebrew then removing the tweaks by running an EPR, or is that the only way?

What is the difference between a full erase and a secure full erase?
    One wipe the phone clean usb drive and everything, we really don't have a full secure erase anymore on 1.4.5 ~ what we have now are Ersae apps and Data which erase all application installed, and Erase usb drive > which do pretty much the same as a full erase, except erases application as stated. One thing for sure though, performing anyone of these cause you to log back into your palm profile.

^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull111 View Post
    Also, i would like to remove that last tweak, which coincidentally is the tweak that allows you to add pages, just for the sake of keeping my phone clean. Homebrew tweaks and themes were nice but too much of a hassle.

Once pip replies i will hopefully have an answer to my problem, but in addition i would like to remove that last tweak and how would i remove it without having to go through the whole installation process with homebrew then removing the tweaks by running an EPR, or is that the only way?

What is the difference between a full erase and a secure full erase?
    if you have preware installed, you can delete it from there. Do you have preware installed.
    you wont get rid of the added pages unless you completely delete everything and doctor your phone. i have doctored and even gotten the extra pages back , so its not guaranteed to remove them. because the info is stored in the cloud. the add delete pages is not a patch per say , its more or less already in webOS and its just been unlocked from what i gather and this might be the reason.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    there is a full erase option in the device info app. just scroll to the bottom and tap on reset options after its done erasing then doctor your phone . but when you sign back into the cloud you will have to use a new email address to ensure that the pages dont come back lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you move all the icons back to 3 pages and delete them, it might forget about them...

there isn't any harm in having more pages so it's also safe to just leave them.